Ch. 7 The War Ends

Previously

"You aren't going to cry over me are you?" I said rephrasing it a little. Rin was shocked. Everyone was. "It's a time to be happy. Minato-sensei is going to be Hokage, isn't he?"

"Yeah!" Rin said and smiled.

Present

Soon after that day the 3rd Great Shinobi War had ended. Everyone in the village went to training ground 7 so we could have a service for all the people that died. We were all sad. Someone we loved was hurt or gone, just like Obito was.

It started to rain during the ceremony. The Third Hokage had used a jutsu to create a dark blue rock in the back of the grounds. We went up one by one to place a white rose and pay our respects to our fallen comrades.

The rain stopped when I walked up.  I look and think, So you're still trying to make people happy right... Obito? I look down again and walk back to where I was before walking up. When Rin was back she was crying.

"Hey. It's okay. We can come back to visit Obito whenever you want alright?" She nodded. Tears were still streaming down her face so I hugged her. She continued to cry for the majority of the ceremony. Near the end, she pulled away from me.

"I'm okay now. Thank you, Kakashi-kun."

"No problem." I saw sensei looking at us. He was smiling.

"Stick together alright?"

"We'll stick together right Kakashi?" Rin sounded excited and I didn't want to ruin that.

"Right." I turned back to the stone. This was where our team would be united. No matter what.

"This is where we say goodbye to our fallen comrades. Remember, this is not the last time we will be with them. They are always with us. Now go and comfort one another."

Everyone started to disperse into their own groups. I started to walk away when I heard my name being called.

"Kakashi?" Rin.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go out to ramen with sensei, Mrs. Uzumaki, and me?"

"Yeah."

"Really?!" I nodded. "When do you want to go?"

Rin looked over at sensei and Kushina. She obviously hadn't thought that far ahead. I couldn't help but think, Typical.

"How about 6 o'clock tonight?"

"That's fine. I'll see you guys there." I said and walked away. I had stuff that I wanted to get done.

"Kakashi?" Rin.

"Yeah?" I turned back around to look at them.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to get some stuff from the store. I wanted to get that done before tonight so I don't have to worry about it."

"Oh okay. Do you want help?"

"I think I'm okay. You can come if you want though." Rin was beaming.

"Let's go!" She ran up to me and grabbed my arm.

"You don't even know where we're going."

"That doesn't matter! We can go around the village and get the stuff you need. Now come on!" I sighed as she pulled me forward. I started running with her before long.

Timeskip

When we reached the village we went to the different markets and little shops. Rin was actually being helpful for once.

"Hey, Kakashi?"

"Hm?"

"Why have you always been so cold to people?" I looked down, memories swirling through my head. I stopped and closed my eyes.

"Kakashi?" Rin asked. She was worried.

"I don't tell people this."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I want you to know."

"Really?" I nodded.

 "We should find somewhere a little quieter first." I started walking when Rin nodded.

Timeskip

We found a quiet little dango shop near the edge of the shopping part of the village. We got a table and agreed to split the bill. We each ordered something and started talking.

"I guess I should start from the beginning... My father. He was known as the White Fang of the Leaf."

"That was your father?" I nodded.

"He committed suicide a number of years back."

"I heard. My parents said he was a coward, a rule-breaker. What they said didn't seem right though. It was like they saw him differently when he was alive."

"Heh. That sounds like a lot of the villagers. My father was a good man. He protected his comrades instead of completing the mission and everyone shunned him for it, even the ones he saved."

"That's not right. People should've admired your father instead of shunning him!"

"Not everything works out the way you want it you know."

"Yeah. That still doesn't make any of it right." The waiter came and delivered our order.

"Can I get you two anything else?" I shook my head.

"No thank you."

"Alright. Just call if you need anything alright?" Rin nodded.

"I guess I just closed myself off to everyone after my father died." Rin looked down.

"I know what that's like."

"How can you?"

"My parents aren't even really my parents. They started hating me after your father died. One night, when my father was drunk, I heard him screaming at my mother for keeping something as worthless as me. He hit her. I ran to my room and cried for the rest of the night. It was one of the few times I didn't go to the academy."

I couldn't believe what Rin just said. I had no idea she had gone through all of this.

"I still don't know who my real parents are. The two who have cared for me say I'm an Uzumaki but I doubt it."

"Why?"

"I've never even seen what my hair looks like without brown hair dye. I've been forced to dye it. I was forced into medical ninjutsu too. I don't regret learning what I did though. Being a medic has helped us on missions. I just wish I could do more."

"You have no idea how much you've helped me Rin."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Just having someone to talk to is more than I could've imagined I would have. Having someone as amazing as you means the world to me."

"I know what you mean. It's just nice to have someone to talk to huh?"

"Yeah. Having someone always makes things easier."

"Right!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been posting much but I have school. It's not a good excuse but it takes up a lot of time so I can't really write. I'll do my best though. I'm going on break soon so I'll be able to work on this more.

That's all for me! Have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter!