Ch. 56 Train and Attack

Previously

"Thank you, Mistress," she said softly.

Present

"Do not thank me just yet, Feyre," I ordered.

"You are willing to train me, yet you do not want my thanks?" She asked.

"Thank me after you're able to put what I've taught you to good use. Now, let's get started," I instructed. I stood up and walked over to her before placing two senbon in her hand.

"Mistress?" She asked.

"Ask your sister to help you find rosemary close by and have Mor to accompany you as well," I ordered.

"Yes, Mistress," she said and exited the tent. Elain had a Gardner's touch about her. It wouldn't be extremely difficult for her to find rosemary. I laid back down on my cot and turned to face the wall. I slowly fell into a dreamless sleep but felt a light layer of warmth engulf me just as I fell asleep.

Time Skip

I woke and sat up with a start. I rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hand of my hand and looked over at a quiet Rhysand. I sighed and slipped out of bed. I waved my hand to him so he would follow me. I led the way out of the makeshift camp the Fae had set up and stopped about a mile from it. Rhysand stopped a few paces behind me.

"What is it you want, Rhysand?" I asked softly.

"Why are you so willing to help us instead of Hera?" He asked.

"Hera wasn't like a mother to me and my father was a drunk that always wanted to abuse either myself or my mother. I don't want the same to happen to anyone, even the people I'm supposed to hate for one reason or another. I'd never forgive myself if I let her get her way here," I replied.

"You are kind, Rin. For that, there is nothing I can do to repay you," Rhysand said.

"There is nothing to be repaid, Rhysand. I am doing this because I care when I don't even know most of the people here," I said.

"Then why?" He asked, sounding broken.

"To save any I can from becoming as broken as I am," I replied.

"You do not seem broken," Rhysand observed.

"I have learned to hide what I do not want others to see. You have done so in the past correct?" I asked.

"Yes, I have," he said softly.

"You should open up to them more, Rhysand. It will do you good," I said, thinking over a few things.

"Would you?" he asked.

"Yeah. It would have to be the people that know me better than anyone and ones that I trust, though. Other than those few, I don't think I'd ever tell anyone," I replied thoughtfully.

"That is understandable," He said.

"I suppose so," I said. We began walking back to the main tent to discuss a few final details with the other High Lords. We would be moving camp today.

"Do you have any more legends?" Rhysand asked once we entered the main tent.

"None that would fit for this. I do have a few rules that might do some good, though," I replied.

"You have rules?" Helion questioned.

"About fifty of 'em," I replied.

"And you expect us to remember these... rules?" Tarquin asked.