Ch. 90 Secrets Revealed

Previously

I felt Kakashi wrap an arm around my shoulders and give me a gentle hug. I leaned into him a bit. I heard a rustling in the tree branches above us and glanced up. In that moment, I saw my Captain smiling down at us.

Stay with him, Rin, he said. I nodded.

Present

"Ready?" Kakashi asked.

"Yeah. Let's go home," I answered. Lord Third had already left.

"Rin Nohara," a male voice growled.

"She is dead," I said.

"You were supposed to come join us quite some time ago," the voice growled again.

"Your leader also wanted someone on the inside and chose me for it. Tell them to come get me if they really want me out of the village," I ordered. I saw Obito come out from the tree tops and land in front of Kakashi and me. I felt my blood begin to boil at the sight of him.

"Come. You were told to come before now," he said. I took a few steps away from Kakashi and toward him.

"You killed them," I growled lowly. I felt something on the back of my neck begin to burn.

"You feel something on your neck, don't you? There is a seal keeping you from saying anything you know about me to any others, Miss Nohara. Well, anything that is believable," Obito said. I felt the cloak of the Nine Tailed Fox begin to spread over my skin. It burned my skin but I barely felt it.

"Rin?" Kakashi asked.

"Stay out of this, boy," I growled, my voice mixing with Kurama's. I charged at Obito and punched him in the gut. He went threw a few trees a moment later. He coughed but managed to shakily stand up and face me again. I charged at him again and effectively managed to break his mask. Obito slammed into another tree and I threw four kunai to keep him in place. I started to prowl closer when Kakashi moved in between us.

"Stop this!" Kakashi said.

"I told you to stay out of this," I snapped.

"I'm not going to just stand by and watch you kill him!" Kakashi yelled.

"You can't save someone that's already dead, Kakashi," I said, slowly calming down.

"I'm not losing you again. I can't," he said, sounding broken.

"What do you want to do with him, then?" I asked, feeling more drained than I had in the months since I became a god.

"I don't know," Kakashi said.

"Why didn't you just let her kill me?!" Obito yelled at Kakashi.

"You aren't worth killing," I muttered, falling to my knees.

"What happened to all that rage? Huh?!" Obito yelled at me.

"What would it matter to you?" I asked dully.

"Enough! Both of you!" Kakashi cut in.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"I couldn't," I answered. Kakashi scoffed.

"Oh really? There was no other choice?" Kakashi snapped.

"It was a catch twenty two, Kakashi," I said.

"How?" he growled.

"If I told you, he would kill you. If I didn't, I'd lose you anyway," I whispered.