Ch. 35 ANBU Medical

Previously

"And yours," I replied. I put out my arm. Obito placed his hand just below my elbow. I did the same. It was a sort of promise we'd see each other again, no matter what. We stayed like that for a moment before we each let the other go and lowered our arms.

Present

We took a few steps away from each other and turned toward the Hokage. He was looking at us with narrowed eyes and a calculating gaze. He was trying to figure out our relationship and if we were dangerous to the village or not. It was understandable. There was still a lot he didn't know about us.

"I'm placing the two of you under arrest until further notice. No one, I don't care the circumstances, is authorized to speak to them without my clearing them," the Fourth stated strictly.

"Lord Fourth?" I asked.

"What is it?" He asked bitterly.

"What will happen to Kakashi and his status in the exams if I am placed in prison?" I questioned.

"You both will remain in the exams, though you will have a closer eye kept on you compared to before," he replied.

"Very well. Thank you, sir," I said. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Why?" My head snapped toward the voice. Kakashi.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why worry about me? You barely even know who I am so why?" He questioned.

"I do know you actually. I just don't believe you'd believe me if I told you who I was. As to why I worry about you it's because I care. I probably care too much, though I doubt that'll make any difference to you. Even if you saw me for me, I highly doubt you would accept me. After all, everyone seems to think you killed during the war so I'm sure you feel the same. If you manage to figure out who I am and want to know, please come ask. You already know where to find me for the foreseeable future," I replied.

I turned my attention back to Lord Fourth. I was close enough to him to see sadness cloud his eyes. I heard the slight shift of someone moving their feet. I turned my head slightly and saw Kakashi charging at me. I didn't make any move to dodge as he pulled his fist back. He punched me square in the cheek and sent me a few feet away from him.

"You don't know anything about me," He growled. I sighed and pulled myself to my feet.

"Heh. I deserved that punch. Oh, and Kakashi? I know more about you than you think. I don't expect you to give me a chance or anything but please, don't do anything rash. If that's all I get to say to you until the next exam, so be it. Until then, good luck, Mr. Hatake." I walked over to stand a few feet from the stage Lord Fourth was on and bowed. I heard a puff of smoke a few feet away from me and straightened up to see just who had come.

"Kid, we need you in the ANBU. Now," He said simply, giving no further explanation.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Severely wounded ANBU. You're the most skilled out of every one of our medics. Now get your ass to the medical wing and heal the stupid mother before he dies. He's the only one out of his four man squad that came back alive," the Captain said strictly.

"Yes, sir." I shun-shinned to the medical wing and scanned the sick bay for anyone severely injured. It wasn't hard to figure out where I was going. I whistled and got everyone's attention.

"Ma'am! You have to hurry! He's lost a lot of blood," a male medic told me.

"Everyone step back! You," I pointed to the ANBU that had just spoken, "take another and get blood for a transfusion."

"Yes, ma'am! Haru, come on!" He yelled before running off to get the blood needed. Another medic followed suit.

"You, you, and you," I pointed to three other medics, "Start on two IVs. One for fluids, one for blood."

"Yes, ma'am!" They replied in unison and immediately got to work.

"As for the rest of you, get away from my patient. If I need something, I'll call," I said. The other ANBU moved even farther away the injured party. I ran over and quickly started to look over his person.

"We have the blood ma'am."

"And we have the IVs."

"Good. Set them up and someone get me a pair of scissors!" I yelled the last part to the other ANBU. In mere moments, an ANBU was at my side handing me the scissors. I had unzipped the remaining part of the injured ANBU's vest and cut open his shirt with the scissors. They were tinted crimson from the blood soaked into the shirt by the time I had finished cutting through it.

I set the scissors next to my leg and set my hands on his chest. I saw the familiar mint green glow surround my hands. Three of his internal organs had been nicked by a kunai. They weren't easy to heal but it could've been a lot worse. I quickly started healing what I could find though there was still a chance I would miss something.

"Rin." The Captain had finally come.

"Yes, sir?" I asked.

"Can you save him?" He asked.

"I believe I can. It will take time for me to heal him though. I'll also need someone monitoring his heart rate and vitals at all times to be sure he doesn't code," I said.

"How can you be sure he won't?" The Captain asked.

"Honestly, I can't. I can just heal what I find and hope. That's really all I can do right now, sir," I said. I heard him sigh.

"The Hokage is willing to be more lenient with you if this ANBU survives. As it is now, it seems like that's a big if, Rin," the Captain said.

"Captain, if I may, I'd like Lady Tsunade to have a look at him. She's a better medic than I am so I don't think it could really hurt. Also, as it is now, I don't think I have enough chakra to heal all the wounds he suffered from his mission. If I do, I think I'll just land myself in Konoha's hospital. I'll do what I can but I can't promise you or anyone else anything, Captain. Now, if that's all, I'd like to have my full attention on my patient," I replied. I heard him sigh again but he didn't say another word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

If things don't make sense in this chapter, basically Rin and Obito had agreed to meet up again once Rin had gained the trust of the Hokage and made a request to have Obito admitted into the village for a few days. I didn't really cover the time when Rin was with Obito, Zetsu, and Madera because I feel nothing major happened.

But, what basically did happen when Rin was with the three of them is training, planning, and making her scythe as well as making the cover story used in the last chapter. All of this only lasted about a month.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!