Ch. 88 Odinson

Previously

"What do you mean by 'targeted' kid?" Pieces asked.

Present

"You didn't seem to care moments ago," Kakashi snapped. Pieces growled at him as Kakashi limped over to me. He sat down and leaned into me.

"That boy is her anam cara," Ares said.

Just because I have a Mate doesn't mean I will tell every person I see, Ares. It would be much appreciated if you did the same, I said lowly.

"What is so bad about having a Mate?" Rhysand asked.

Other than the political crap that comes with a god and a giant being Mates? I questioned.

"There is an age old Blood Feud that has gone on between our peoples since before Ragnarök. Many would like it to start up again for another chance at killing the opposing peoples," Leo said.

"Why keep a worthless feud?" Mor asked.

"I don't know," Leo replied.

Very few have an inkling of hope that the Feud will end. Many in Hel have only known the battlefield and do not know what to do now that there is a temporary peace between our peoples, I said. I sniffed at the air and flattened my ears against my head. That boy's smell reminded me of Faye. It meant trouble if he was here.

"What is it?" Kakashi asked. I didn't respond as Loki came up.

"Where is she?" Loki asked.

I am here, boy, I replied.

"I was told you were a girl," he said.

I am able to change my appearance to anything I wish, boy, I snapped.

"Good to know. My father told me to find you once Ragnarök happened," he said. I sighed and shifted back to my mortal form once Kakashi took his weight off of me.

"Who are you, boy?" I asked.

"I am Loki, of Jotunheim. God of Mischief," he answered.

"Rin, God of War," I said, offering him my hand. He took it. I felt my shoulder begin to throb as my magic went chaotic. Loki's skin had turned blue and his eyes had become red. We released each other's hand and took a step away from each other. I felt my magic go back to normal as Loki again looked human.

"Frost giant, are you?" I asked.

"Hated by Hera, aren't you?" He countered.

"Oh, I like you," I said, smirking.

"Your arm..." Mor whispered.

"It was part of why I owed two life debts," I said.

"You didn't deserve it," Leo said tightly.

"Hera would likely say otherwise," I replied. "She is, after all, the one that nearly killed me to get to all of you."

"Why?" Sagittarius questioned.

"I don't know," I answered.

"She was willing to kill her own daughter just for information?" Ares asked.

"She still is," I replied quietly. A tense silence fell over us all. I felt a deep sadness tug at the invisible bond I shared with Mor. I walked over to her and poked her forehead.

"Kid?" Leo asked.

"Rule 11, my dear," I said.

"I would never date a coworker," Mor said.