Ch. 5 The Beginning of the End of the War

Previously

"Rin, go." Obito said.

"I can't leave you!" she exclaimed.

"Rin! Come on!" I yelled worriedly. Rin looked back at Obito one last time with tears in her eyes before grabbing my hand and letting me help her out. We both looked at Obito as the last of the roof caved in on him sealing him away for good. Rin started crying on my shoulder and all I could do was hold on to her.

Present

As Rin calmed down I slowly stood up, feeling numb. Rin looked at me still sniffling so I turned away and looked at the scene around us. It was so peaceful here.

"Kakashi?" Rin said in a small voice. I turned around to look at her.

"There's something I want to tell you." she said slowly.

(AN: Play song above plz)

"I...I love you..."

"I don't deserve your love, Rin," I said bitterly turning away slightly.

"B-but Kakashi!"

"He loved you! Can't you see that?! Obito loved you!" I yelled. "I don't deserve this. He does, Rin."

"Kakashi...." she whispered, on the verge of crying.

Just then Minato-sensei came. He could tell something had happened almost as soon as he got to where we were.

"Ngnn. What happened? Where's Obito?" Sensei asked.

"O-obito... oh sensei!" Rin yelled running to him and crying in his arms.

"Kakashi?" Sensei asked worriedly. I couldn't look him in the eye.

"Where's Obito?" he asked and I just shook my head to signify that Obito was dead and gone. Minato-sensei looked down. I could see the sadness and grief in his eyes as he looked at Rin, still crying in his arms. I looked back at the cavern were Obito would forever be.

"Come on... We need to head back and notify the Third of this," Sensei said making me look back at him. With a still sniveling Rin, we head off, back to the Leaf. All the way there I couldn't stop thinking of our mission and what Obito said.

Flashback

"Those who break the rules and regulations are considered scum... but those who abandon their comrades are worse than that!"

End of Flashback

"Kakashi!" Rin yelled making me snap back into reality. I was so lost in thought that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going so I had to be fast. I narrowly missed being hit by a tree branch by flipping over it and landing on one a few feet in front of it, taking off again to catch up to sensei and Rin.

Minito's POV

Kakashi seemed distant since we had started heading back home. We kept pushing on and while I was thinking. I heard Rin yell, "Kakashi!" making me turn around, alarmed.

What I see behind me is frightening. Kakashi was running straight at a thick tree branch and I don't think he knew. When Rin yelled his name he seemed to snap back to attention and barely managed to flip over the branch, landing on one a few feet in front of the previous branch.

He sped up to catch up with Rin and me. He growled as he caught up, not happy that he had miss stepped. I sighed, thinking about the mission again and how torn up they must be. Once this war was over, everyone would be devastated over the death toll.

Obito was one of the many, many people, children, young and old, who had passed because of this cursed world. Because of this war. It wasn't right and it never would be. I closed my eyes and take a breath.

"Sensei?" Rin asked.

"Mmhm?" I asked opening my eyes.

"I'm worried about him," she said looking over at Kakashi.

"So am I.... I really hope he'll be alright," I confess, looking at my silver haired student.

"Mm," Rin says nodding.

Time skip

When we get close to the Village I stop. Rin and Kakashi stop shortly after I do.

"Meet me at the Hokage Tower in one hour. Be prepared to tell what happened while I was gone." They both nod and we continue on our way to the Village.

Time Skip to Hokage Tower

When I see Kakashi and Rin I nod to them and they nod back. We start to head up the many flights of stairs to the top where the Hokage's office was. When we get there I knock on the door and hear a voice say, "Enter." When we do, I see the Hokage sitting at his desk near the windows at the back of the room, a pipe in his mouth.

"Lord Hokage," I say. "We have our mission report."

"Good," he said blowing out a long puff of smoke. "Give it to me."

I give him the report concluding with, "Sadly, we lost Obito Uchiha which is why he is not present here today. He died saving the other members on his team."

"Hmm. That is tragic indeed but even more tragic is that it is a part of war," Lord Third said blowing out another puff of smoke. I could hear Kakashi growling by this time. The Third sighed and put his pipe down.

"Kakashi. I know you don't agree with what I've just said. Why is that?"

"Why? You just said that Obito didn't matter and all you want to know is why?!"

The Third sighed and said, "No. I want to know why you have an Uchiha eye."

Kakashi stopped and stared at the Hokage while I stared at him in complete shock.

"H...How? How did you know?"

The Third smiled and looked down slightly, as did Rin, making me guess she told the Hokage what had happened before hand.

"Your chakra. It's different. Only something drastic could make your chakra signature look different, something like exchanging your eye for someone else's that had either the sharigan or byakugan. Show it to me."

Kakashi had lowered his head and his body had started shaking. Soon we all saw him lift his hand to his face and then look up, tears streaming down his face and sharingan activated. He looked straight at the Third Hokage when a black hole started to form. Kakashi screamed and covered his eye, falling to his knees.

Lord Third was missing the middle part of his Hokage robe, the armor showing beneath. Everyone was shocked and when Kakashi looked up, he had the Mangekyo sharingan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone!

I know this is long overdue but I have school so I blame it on that and Kakashi got his Mangekyo! That's cool right? No? Okay.... anw I'll try and update more often but I can't promise anything so yeah.

And if any of you lovely people have any ideas for future chapters please comment your ideas. They can be in lists or just a few at a time or you can just comment random stuff as you read cause that's okay too.

Anyway.... I'm gonna leave it at that and do some other stuff then start on the next chapter.

One last thing before I go. I've been doing a story on Google Docs and I was wondering if you want be to put it up or not.

Okay that's it from me. Bye now and have a good day/night!