Shutter

The following morning, we packed up and headed to the airport. He insisted we stay awake as late as possible making love so we can sleep through our almost 14-hour flight to our next destination.

I feel like the walking dead as our bags were loaded into the car. The sun isn't even up yet, and here we are, standing outside in the dark freezing our tails off.

Thankfully, the car was warm, and he held me, almost falling asleep with my head on his lap as we rode to the airport.

After an early breakfast on the jet, we quickly fell asleep. The flight went quickly since we slept through the entire thing.

The sun shines brightly through airplane windows, and it's obvious we are somewhere tropical. When I stepped off the plane, it was hot, sweltering hot and humid. A car waited for us, but this time it looked more like a jeep.

"Welcome back, Mr. Hardwick. Congratulations on your recent nuptials. "

"Thank you, Carrington. This is my wife Kori Hardwick. Kori, this is Samual Carrington our driver and butler."

He has a full-time employee wherever we are?"

"It's nice to meet you." He shook my hand. "Gavin, where are we?"

"We are currently in Cartegena, Columbia at the present, but we have more traveling to do." We got in the back of the..whatever this thing is, while our bags are loaded.

We drove to a dock and I was guided onto a small boat, then our luggage was once again loaded. Carrington drove the boat to a small private beach, and I was completely lost.

"Where are we?" I asked, and he chuckled.

 "Its a privately owned island." A wink and a smile made me suspicious.

"Do you own a freaking island, Gavin?" I had my hands on my hips.

"My grandfather left it to Patrick and me when he died. So, no, I don't own the whole thing."

I sarcastically laughed. "You own it with your brother, so the answer is yes."

He helped me off the boat and we got into a golf cart, where poor Carrington had to load our bags again and I insisted we help. He must have known there would be a lot, because he had a small trailer hitched.

We drove through beautiful gardens, and I was once again shocked at what I saw. I expected a villa or something small, but this was a mansion. "My grandparents retired here before grandfather got sick, so for a while this was their primary residence. Carrington has his own villa on the property, so we'll be alone. There is staff, but they won't come till daytime."

"If there's staff, then what do they do when there's no owners to serve?"

"They keep plenty busy. There's usually guests most of the year because we loan it out to family, friends, colleagues, and potential clients. The whole family comes for a week in the summer together. When Dad left Mom, he and Stephanie spent a year here after their wedding."

"Your dad was happy to retire so young?" I asked.

"No, he hated it and barely spoke to me for almost a year." He replied.

"It wasn't your fault."

"I kind of talked my grandfather into it because I was pissed at what he did to Mom."

Oh crap

"My mother is highly respected, and because of my father's behavior, we were losing business. It was the best solution."

We stepped out of the cart and helped Carrington with our bags.

The mansion is white with a very large front porch and fans hanging off the ceiling. Tropical plants are everywhere and the wildlife made beautiful music.

He opened the front door, and it was one of the most amazing scenes I've been blessed to see in my life. I could see the ocean from the front door because everything was so open.

Our bedroom is a first-floor room that you could fit my apartment in easily. The patio doors opened to the pool, and an entire patio complete with an outdoor kitchen, fireplace, hot tub, and of course a view of the beach.

"I can believe you own all this." I looked around in amazement.

"We own this." He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a peck on the lips, then we stared out to the crystal clear sea.

I told Carrington to allow me to unpack us, and the staff starting arriving soon after. Gavin requested we have steak and beer out on the patio tonight, so we settled in pretty quickly.

"You are not going out in that, Carrington is still on duty." Gavin stood in his swim trunks pointing at me.

"Who was it that told me to stop dressing like a grandmother?" I laughed.

"That was before you became my wife." I wrapped my arms around him.

"Well, I am your wife and I'm wearing it, so too bad." I reached up and kissed him on his lips, then walked away. That's when I heard a shutter.

I turned around and he hid something behind his back. "What did you just do?"

"Nothing."

"I heard a camera."

He grinned. "It's on my phone and for my eyes only."

"You took a picture of my ass!"

"It's for when I'm at work and miss you." He grinned, and it was adorable.

"So, Craig gets your phone and sees it?"

"I'll beat the fuck out of that little shit!"

I laughed, and I heard the shutter again.

"Gavin!"

"I had to, you looked so beautiful with that laugh. Plus, if you wore a more conservative suit, you wouldn't have to worry would you?"

"Whatever," I said, and walked away, but he put an arm around my waist and pulled me into him. "I don't believe I excused you, Mrs. Hardwick."

"That's Miss. Heart to you." He kissed my neck. "You'll never be Miss. Heart again."

Well, that resulted in him bending me over a table and yanking down my bikini bottoms then slamming into me. Yep, that's my life now.

The next chapter is a treat for those who would love to hear Gavin's slightly arrogant point of view.