Better than Expected

Gavin said to give him a few minutes, but he softly stroked my skin and I fell asleep. It's okay, we were both exhausted.

There is nothing better than waking up in my husband's arms. I went to get up, but he pulled me back into bed. I didn't even know he was awake.

"Good morning my beautiful bride." He snuggled into me.

"Good morning."

"I love you." He says, and kissed my head while he spoons me.

"I love you more, but we better get ready. Jefferson will be here soon to take us to the airport."

I hate that we can't just stay here all day.

"We should save time and share the shower." I squealed when he picked me up and carried me into the bathroom.

He set me down and I pushed him out the door in my total nakedness. So embarrassing. "I have to pee, so I'll let you in when I'm done." We might be married, but I'm not yet at that comfort level. Even if it is a closed-off area.

"Good idea." He took off walking probably toward another bathroom. I took care of business and brushed my teeth before starting the shower and unlocking the door.

I heard the door open and shut just as I was washing shampoo out of my hair. "Are you coming in or are you going to just stand there?"

I have my eyes closed. Partially because of the shampoo, but also because seeing him naked still makes me feel a little bashful. I still haven't really seen it...

"I think I will watch for a minute."

He's watching me shower naked?

"Misses Hardwick, you have one hell of a body." He stepped closer. "And it's all mine." He said. I laughed...it's true, isn't it?

He ran his hands up and down my body after putting soap on his hands.

"You are going to be so clean when I'm done here."

I laughed until his hand slipped between my legs. "I think this needs a little more attention."

He's so right...but we don't have time.

"Gavin, we are going to be late." I reminded him as he slid a finger inside me.

"Gavin, please, I don't want to be... late. Oh, wow." Dammit, we should have planned one day at home.

He chuckled. "Alright, are you okay today? Sore or anything?" He pulled his hand back up and looked at me.

"Little sore, but not sore enough to ruin our day." I kissed him, but he reminded me that we only have a few minutes.

We rushed through our shower and both of us threw on our Jean's and sweaters quickly. My hair was thrown into a messy bun, and we quickly grabbed our bags and raced downstairs.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Jefferson." He said as I practically jumped in the car.

"Its quite alright, sir. I trust your accommodations were suitable? The evening was as planned?"

"Yeah, let's just say my wife is an incredible woman." They both chuckled and Gavin finally slid in next to me, and even shut his own door.

"Do we dare turn on our phones?" I asked him, and he gave a half-grin.

"I guess I should at least see if Grandma is okay."

"Umm, did you hear about Brad?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"I guess he was trying to help your mom and Stella get Grandma off the stage. He said she called him Ernest and things got really weird."

"Oh, crap. My Grandma groped my biggest investor?" He shook his head, then chuckled a little.

"Okay, count to three and turn on your phone." He said.

"1....2....3.."

Our phones went crazy with notifications. He started from the top of his text messages, and I started with the bottom.

First was Stella. "My little girl is now a woman. Was it as good as you dreamed?"

I giggled, and he looked at me with a smile and read her question.

"It was amazing, and far better than I could have dreamed." I hit send.

I looked at him and he was looking hard at his phone. Maybe he was afraid of the answer? So I leaned over and whispered. "It far exceeded what I ever thought was possible." He looked at me and leaned in to kiss me. "Same for me." He kissed me.

We went through messages, but mine were mostly congratulations and nobody said anything about the debacle until I got to Kellen's.

"I'm sorry, Kori, but you deserved better than a man that would have allowed anyone to shame you. He has let too many women in close to him, and I'm worried you will get hurt."

I deleted his message. Screw him.

Mine was over quickly, but it looked like something concerned Gavin.

"What is it?"

He cleared his throat. "I guess we made front-page news." He looked at me apologetically.

"I was already prepared," I responded.

"I'm going to do something I've never done." He said. "I'm making a statement today. I'll call my publicist."

I shrugged it off. What can I do?

I got a text back from Stella, so I concentrated on that instead of his phone conversation.

"I'm so glad, but not surprised. You own that man and it's inspirational, really."

I smirked. "He owns me as well. I'm so happy, Stella. We're on our way to the airport and I can't wait to find out where we are going. Kathleen and Chloe said they packed for both cold and hot weather."

"I know you'll have fun." She replied.

"What happened to make Brenda cry last night? I'm worried about her." I asked.

"Kellen freaked out about the video and yelled at Gavin saying he has been in love with you for years and you chose the wrong man." She answered, and my blood boiled.

"He has really screwed up. I'm pissed at him, Stella. The reception already went downhill, so he didn't need to make it worse." I hit send.

"You're right, and Brenda deserves better." She responded.

"Have a great Sunday, and I will see you in two weeks." I sent it.

"See you at Christmas!"

Ugh, Christmas. Everything happened so quick, I haven't even started shopping.

We arrived at the jet and Gavin put away his phone. "Are you ready?" He stepped out of the car and held out his hand.

"Of course."