Breakfast

When I got home, Gavin walked me to the door that was swiftly opened by Kellen.

"Thanks for coming tonight, and I'll see you Monday morning, Miss Heart. Have a nice weekend."

"See you Monday," I said.

I turned to Kellen. "Really? You couldn't wait till I stepped in?"

"I can't chance him stealing your first kiss." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"You've got to stop playing around, Kellen. You're starting to make me uncomfortable."

I slipped off my shoes and walked into the kitchen for a glass of water.

"Do you think I'm joking?" He asks.

"Stop, seriously.  Why are you here anyway? Stella is out of town."

"I told you I was coming over, and I invited myself to breakfast with your dad."

"My dad is in Rome, so there is no breakfast. I'll be back."

I walked into my room and locked the door. Damn, he's getting annoying. I changed into a pair of shorts and sweatshirt, then took down my hair. I was glad to wipe off my makeup and take my contacts out. I slipped on my glasses and went back out to find Kellen in sweat pants and a tee. "I guess you're staying?"

"Yep," he picked up the remote. "What are we going to watch? Comedy or Action?"

"Whatever is fine, I doubt I'll stay awake long."

"Party pooper."

"Didn't you go out with Graham and Chloe?"

"Yeah, for a bit, but things got a little heavy between them," he said.

I grabbed my blanket and pillow, then threw my legs over Kellens lap.

He rubbed my feet and it felt like heaven.

"Tell me about your first week."

I told him everything, but he didn't laugh like the others. He actually got a bit moody.

"What's wrong with you?" I had to ask as he stared at the screen with a blank look on his face.

"You like him."

"What? Who?"

"Gavin, you actually fucking like him."

"He's my boss. I have to like him. He's a prick most of the time though."

"Just promise me one thing." He says.

"What's that?"

"You won't let him take your first kiss. Let me have it."

"Why are you so damn worried about my first kiss? I have no plans on doing that anytime soon, and I'm not kissing you, that would be like kissing my brother."

"I waited too long and fucked up with Stella, didn't I?"

I couldn't understand what he is saying.

"What are you going on about now?"

"You're the most naive person I've ever met." He shook his head.

"That's not nice," I responded.

He pushed my legs off him and climbed on top of me. "Kellen! What are you doing?"

He pulled my glasses off. "Looking at you."

"Why?"

"I saw the real you the first time I met you, Kori. You were always so innocent and naïve, and I never got the nerve."