You Can't Be Married

My bags were delivered to the hotel and we started getting ready early. The dress I chose was more conservative than what Chloe would choose, but Luke gives me an uneasy feeling. It's still beautiful and timeless.

I wore my hair up, light makeup, and slipped on my new shoes before opening the bathroom door and shutting off the light

"Mrs. Hardwick." Gavin gasped.

"Is it okay? I wanted something more conservative because Luke gives me an uneasy feeling, but I also don't want to look like the mother of the bride."

"That is the perfect dress. You look sexy as hell, while leaving plenty to the imagination. I still can't believe you married me." He wrapped his arms around me. "You are going to catch the eye of all the men and women there tonight."

"It'll be hard to keep women's claws off my handsome husband," I replied.

I pecked his lips.

"I'm sticking to water tonight." I pulled away and packed my clutch.

He took my arm and we headed down to the party. When we arrived, we were surprised how many people were here considering we were on the other side of the world. I was in luck my husband spoke French so beautifully.

He approached and introduced us both to many people.

"ta femme est une belle femme." "Your wife is a beautiful woman."

"Merci."

I noticed Tom was very polished and also communicated easily, but Jason and Luke seemed to be just as lost as me, but there were several people who spoke English including many Americans.

We took a seat for dinner and Gavin has been chatting here and there, I'm aware this isn't just a party to my husband. It's a business opportunity to network. I love the passion he has for his career and find it inspiring.

"Something has been bothering me about you, Mrs. Hardwick. If you're a Catholic, then how is it possible you're truly married to my friend here since he already has one failed marriage? Aren't you living in sin?"

Tom pinched the bridge of his nose, and Gavin let out an annoying sigh.

"Gavin had an annulment and wasn't married in the church," I answered.

Gavin took my hand and squeezed it.

"Luke, you need to choose your words carefully. I'm not sure what your deal is, but this gorgeous woman is my wife and there's no changing that fact. You should really get over it." Gavin is just about to lose his shit.

Our meal was served, and I just concentrated on eating while ignoring Luke's gaze.

Gavin was the one throwing back drinks this time.

"Kori, did I fail to tell you how beautiful you look tonight? Gavin, you're one lucky man." Jason winked, and gave Gavin a few hard pats on his shoulder.

"Thanks, I tell myself that every day." He answered, and I kissed his cheek.

I'm really starting to question Luke's sanity. He just stares at me like I'm a mortal enemy.

"Dance with me?" Gavin held out his hand, and I was more than happy to dance with my husband.

He held me in those strong arms and swayed me across the dancefloor. "What is Luke's problem?"

He looked down at me. "It's not you, it's me he has a problem with and I doubt he will be getting over it anytime soon. It all has to do with Claudia." He answered.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Luke has always given Tom and I both a hard time, and I actually find it surprising that he works for Tom."

"I see, well he's a creep. He's constantly glaring at me and it makes me uneasy, like I don't trust him." I said.

"Just stick with me. He wouldn't hurt you physically. He's just trying to stir shit up and get you pissed at me. Claudia did some horrible things to him and he really is a good man, he just resents me because of some stuff that happened in our past."

I just stared up at him and probably didn't hear half of what he is saying.

He smiled at me. "Mrs. Hardwick, why are you looking at me like that? You're making me want you right here."

"I just can't believe we got married and if it's at all possible to love anyone as much as I love you," I answered.

He bit his bottom lip before lowering his head and kissing me. He pulled me into him and I felt his hardness against my stomach.

My God, he's irresistible.

Our kiss deepened and he pulled away. "Come with me." He took my hand and we entered the hall. His eyes looked like they were searching for something, before he opened a door and pulled me inside.

He locked it, then lunged at me pushing me against a wall and pressing his body against mine. His hand was quickly inside my panties and he touched me as his kiss became desperate. "I can't stand not being inside you. Release me, Kori." I reached down and quickly undid his pants, letting them fall around his ankles. He wrapped my leg around him and thrust inside me.

"God, yes." He said just before he started quickly slamming into me. My pulse raced as he worked hard to build us up to our orgasm. "Come with me!" He ordered, and I squeezed my eyes shut as I clamped down around his hard member.

"Jesus Christ, Kori!" He slammed his lips against mine to muffle our moans.

"I'm coming." He let out in a desperate cry.

With one last thrust that jolted through me, he spilled inside me. He panted into the crook of my neck. "That should hold me over a few hours." He said while he was out of breath.

I laughed, and he released me before pulling up his pants and I brushed off my dress. "I need to go to the bathroom," I said.

"I'll walk you." He grabbed my hand and we quietly snuck out of the closet.

After our trip to the bathroom, I danced with Jason while my husband did more networking. For frat guys, both Jason and Tom seemed to be good men. If only Luke would go play in the middle of traffic, my night would be perfect.