165

"What are you doing here?" I furrow my eyebrows and step away from the group of women to face Josh.

"You're mum invited me round for a meal, we work together a few days a week. I didn't know she was your mum until this morning" he bites his lip and smiles trying to contain his excitement and happiness.

I know this isn't going to be a great meal. Harry can't stand Josh, because he feels like he likes me or whatever which is going to make me feel really uncomfortable. I think if Josh says anything today, Harry may tip over the edge. He was really angry when Josh sent that message ages ago, about coming to help me if Harry couldn't.

So we'll see.

"Is Harry not coming?" He asks and I swallow nodding my head.

"He is, he'll be here at one" I smile and Josh slowly nods and then looks over to Darcy and Ella who are playing on the floor in the lounge.

"She's grown since I last saw her" he smiles and sips at his lemonade in his hand.

"She has, she's grown a lot considering she was so tiny" I smile looking over to Darcy laughing as Ella tickles her tummy. I can't help but feel nerves run through my body waiting for Harry to appear. My palms turn a little sweaty and I flinch at every door sound.

Josh hasn't messaged me in ages. I don't know why but it just suddenly stopped. Not that I mind, because it eased a lot between me and Harry but it was so sudden.

"So how have you been? I haven't seen you in ages too" he smiles. His teeth are the perfect shade of white in comparison to his skin. He's an olive colour with dusky blonde hair that sits pushed back from his face.

"Um... I'm good. Harry's taking me on holiday next week so I'm basically preparing for that at the moment" I smile, getting in the fact that me and Harry are still happily together. I might be over reacting and he may just be innocent about the whole thing but I have my suspicions.

"For your birthday? Your mum mentioned it" he shrugs and looks around the room as if to drift out of he conversation.

"And you? What's happening with you?" I ask and Josh purses his lips. I furrow my eyebrows when a small smile pokes up on his lips.

"Nothing really, just do the usual" he smiles and I furrow my eyebrows at him who just smiles and shrugs again. That's weird.

"So what would you like for your birthday?" He asks and I shake my head but he carries on, "jewellery, clothes, wine, chocolates?"

"I don't want anything thank you, it's really sweet of you though" I smile and Josh slowly nods looking down to the floor. We fall into a silence, which I can't tell if it's awkward or not. Josh runs his finger around the rim of the drink and I clear my throat looking over to Ella who shouts across the room. Thank you for breaking that.

"Can I break her a bit of biscuit?" She asks and I shake my head.

"I'm going to start with rice today!" I call and Josh chuckles by my side. When I turn my head back his eyes are glued to my body, quickly looking up as if to hide it and smiles. "Excuse me for a moment" I smile and turn around walking to my mum. "Could I please borrow you for a second?"

She turns around nodding and smiles to the other women. We both walk out of the room into the back conservatory and I turn to face her. Behind her I can see Josh walking over to the group of women making me sigh and look back to my mum.

"What's wrong?" She smiles innocently and I sigh putting my hand on my forehead.

"Josh, how do you know him?" I mutter closing my eyes thinking to Harry for a moment. I bite my lip as Mum furrows her eyebrows.