136

I step out of the shower, dabbing the towel all over my body. In the bathroom, they have normal bathroom stuff like a shower, toilet, sink, bath. It it's all spread out across the room so it's like a typical clinical and hospitalised bathroom. I slip the same pjs on I slept in because Harry hasn't come with some clean clothes yet and tie my hair up in a bun making the fresh air from the window brush on the back of my neck.

I let the rest of the water droplets air dry as I walk back out into the room. I actually felt like doing something this morning, so I made the bed as good as I could, straightened out all of the magazines and all and put everything I own on the spare seat in the corner of the room. My stitches are feeling a lot better. They're still sore when I jolt movements but overall it's so much better.

I had a walk earlier to the kitchen to get a morning cup of tea. A midwife called Scarlett come up to me and said that Monica went home at 4 like she said, and said she was taking care of Darcy. She said that she's being her back to the room around 9 to make sure I have the maximum rest I need. It's 8:45 and I'm basically ready for her to come back, I'm all dressed and all, cleaned up and opened the window in the room so some fresh air circulated the room.

My phone starts to buzz on the table, making my feet carry me over lifting it up and placing it to my ear.

"I wondered how long it would be before you called" I giggle sitting back on the seat. Harry breathes lightly on the end of the phone and I can tell he's smiling.

"I didn't want to call you in case you were still asleep. I've literally been up since 5:30 waiting to come and see you both" he laughs, sending shivers down my spine.

"So how much sleep did you actually get?" I furrow my eyebrows looking out the window down at the traffic lining up down the road.

"I don't really know, by the time I got home it was like 12 and then I had a shower then bed. But I feel quite refreshed" he grins and I furrow my eyebrows. He's had like 4 hours sleep over 48 hours which I'm sure isn't good.

"You're an early riser for someone who hasn't slept at all" I lift my feet up into the chair as well and tangle my fingers in my toes.

"Hey hey, I have slept" he whines and I huff chucking, "I couldn't get back to sleep so I sorted the car seat out, packed your bag and had a little tidy around the house" I widen my eyes and laugh a little to myself. As Harry has been working non-stop for a while, I've automatically taken the role of tidying. He does help out but I do the majority just because I'm always bored.

"You've tidied?" I laugh a little. My eyes travel to the main doors of the hospital where some men sit around the door with heavy cameras sat around their necks.

"I have, but that's not important. How was last night, was she okay?" He asks as I hear him rustling something on the other end of the phone.

"Yes she was alright, I haven't actually got her back yet but another midwife told me that she was rather easy. She cried for no reason a few times but she just wanted a little cuddle" I shrug and Harry hums continuing to rustle on the other side.

"Okay good, so they didn't say there were any problems?" He asks, the background going completely silent from where he's concentrating on the conversation.

"No problems" I smile showing my teeth as I look down to my feet and my hands, circling my finger around my big toes in boredom, "the other midwife that took over from Monica, her names Scarlett, told me that she'd bring Darcy back around 9, and then let me know what's going to happen about going home"

"Oh good, I won't be able to get there for 9... but I'll be there as soon as I can" he smiles down the phone making me smile too.

"Take your time, we'll probably be here all day so there's no need to rush" I shrug and look back to the men stood outside the main doors. "Did you get seen leaving last night?"