58

I didn't even bother saying goodbye to the other two. I was just going to let Harry explain to them why I was pissed off.

He acted like a total arse.

I got my phone out and messaged Gemma.

Me:
Sorry I left Gem, wasn't feeling too good, see you tomorrow x

I lock my phone and slide it in my bag. I let my head rest against the seat of the car and my eyes shut letting a sigh of peace leave my mouth.

"For the record, he was a twat tonight" Paul mutters giving me a small reassuring smile. I smile back.

"Thanks Paul" it comes out as a whisper as my voice breaks. I gaze out the window to the darkness and sigh.

After 20 minutes we arrive back at Anne's. I thank Paul for the lift and hop out. He watches me walk all the way to the door until I walk inside then drives off. I close the door behind me and kick my shoes off neatly by the door.

I feel a bubble pop in my stomach making a hazy burp taste erupt from my mouth making me feel like I'm going to be sick.

I take a deep breath and walk into the lounge. Anne's sat on the sofa, her eyes snapping to me confused as I walk in.

She puts the remote down on the sofa and furrows her eyebrows.

"Why are you back so early?" She mumbles as she pulls her arm up to her face to see the time. "It's only 11"

I sigh and feel tears form in my eyes again. Anne notices and rushes up to my side, placing her hand on my back and guiding me to the seat. I sit down and she sits beside me.

"What's wrong love?" She frowns and I wipe the tear as it falls. I feel completely pathetic. Why am I crying over this?

"Harry got drunk, we didn't tell Gemma, I had a massive go at him and then I left" I mumble looking down my hands. Anne sighed.

"He got drunk?" She muttered and I nod slowly, her letting out another huff. "Let me put on some tea" she rubs her hand on my knee before disappearing into the kitchen.

After a few minutes, she returns and places two mugs on a coffee table in front of us. I look at the mug of tea, my throat dying for some other taste then bubbles.

I reach over, picking it up and taking a small sip being careful not to burn my lips, a small tear falls down my cheek making me sniffle.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Anne grabs a blanket and pulls it over our laps and mutes the tv. The tv still makes different lights reflect around the room making my head feel a little worse but I ignore it.

"I thought we were going too, then Harry started drinking and before I knew it, he was drunk" I shrug and feel my insides relax as the hot warmth travels down my throat.

Anne nods furrowing her eyebrows.

"He should of known better" she huffs and looks at me, "but are you okay?" She smiles weakly.

"I'm okay, I just don't get why I'm crying over this" I chuckle through another tear. Anne lets out a small chuckle to comfort me.

"You're hormonal, you'll cry over the smallest of things" she smiles, "but this is something that you're allowed to be annoyed at him for".

I nod and smile weakly, she opens her mouth to speak again, "I'm not making excuses for him because he shouldn't have got drunk but he's probably really nervous, Harry always used to bottle things up until it became impossible to hold them back anymore". Anne looks at a photo of Harry and her on the wall smiling weakly towards it.