33

Once the idea came up, Yan Xuezhou immediately started working on the framework after finishing the meal.

"Mountains and Seas" will go into the mountains and the sea. In terms of location, it will indeed be somewhat similar to "Journey", so as an independent game, the style of painting has to be changed.

The next thing is the gameplay. In "Journey", you can't pick flowers and plants at will, and you can't hunt animals at will, but there is a gameplay of rushing to the sea to pick up seafood. Even if it is not detailed enough, in terms of gameplay, there is a conflict. Not only that, both are casual games.

So how do you make players clearly think that these are two completely different games?

It depends on the core of the game.

The core of "Journey" is to let players go out and enjoy the beautiful scenery, while the core of "Mountains and Seas" is to live close to the mountains and make the sea their home.

Yan Xuezhou turned twice in the blank space, then painted the appearance of a simple house with color, and then painted several buildings with different areas on the other side of the house.

What is most suitable for farming? Operations + infrastructure.

The main storyline of the game: The protagonist is another social worker. Because he couldn't find a job and started his own business, he made a fortune, so he returned to his hometown, lived in a simple wooden house, and inherited a small shabby stall.

Since he has no job and no savings, the protagonist's starting capital must be very limited. He is even poorer than the protagonist of "Journey", with only one hundred yuan in his bag. He may even be in debt – the debt start can be set to hard mode. Then how to live, how to live well, becomes the main problem.

If you rely on the mountains, you will eat the mountains; if you rely on the sea, you will eat the sea. After being tired of the busy work and having no other way to make money, the protagonist began to live a farming life in the mountains and seas.

In the early days, the protagonist went into the mountains to dig wild vegetables and went to the sea to pick up crabs and clams, just to fill his stomach and prevent himself from starving to death.

But soon, with the increase of experience, the protagonist can find more and more things every day. He can't eat them all by himself, but fresh things are not easy to preserve, so the family's ancestral stall can be packed up and opened. .

Simple grilled mushrooms, grilled fish, and boiled shrimps can be sold to passing tourists and pedestrians to earn a small profit.

What is the money used for?

You can repair wooden houses, buy new furniture, upgrade stalls, buy seasonings, and contract farming and sea fields/farmland.

Upgrade of residential houses:

initial simple wooden house - exquisite wooden house/elegant bamboo house - two-story house - exquisite small bungalow - pastoral style small villa - large villa with garden - rockery and flowing water ancient style manor / noble castle.

The direction of the upgrade is roughly this, and the specific architectural style can be made more diverse later. You can have everything from modern simplicity to interstellar science fiction to fantasy fairy tales.

Furniture is similar, ranging from ordinary tables and chairs to high-end luxury boutiques, with many styles and types. In addition to furniture, there are also interior decorations in the house, such as wall wallpapers, floor patterns, ceilings, doors, windows, bathrooms, hanging paintings, and lamps. , curtains, green plants, etc., all can be replaced, and players can choose and match them in the store.