Chapter 133: Ballroom Massacre {7}

~~~

"With the ceremony of your graduation coming to a close, I shall see you all - if you come - to the post-graduation party!"

The graduation ceremony came to end, the episodic chapter of their lives soon closing. Naruto watched as he and many others threw their caps in the air, embracing the warmth of the world lovingly.

"Finally! Free at last!" Yu yelled, celebrating alongside Kiba as they laughed with humor and relief that their academy days were finally coming to a dazzling close.

Naruto smiled softly, shaking his head.

He caught his white cap, keeping it close to him, his eyes stock on its top as he looked behind the days of his youth. His eyes shone vibrantly.

Naruto looked at Satsuki.

"I'll see you at the party I suppose." She nodded her head in response, her neat white graduation gown flowing beautifully.

"I'll see you there as well."

Satsuki turned around, her black hair trailing behind her. Naruto sighed, wiping the strand of hair that was dangling right in front of his forehead to the side.

Naruto looked towards the ground for a moment, closing his eyes before reopening them.

~~~

Naruto walked along the stone pavement with Suki, the soft winds blowing like a miniature turbine that continuously spun in circular motions.

"Hey, Naruto." He looked at the girl that walked alongside him.

"Yeah?" 

"Would you be angry if I told you that I'm jealous?"

"Of what?"

"Of what you and my other counterpart have." Naruto did not sigh or make any disgruntled noises, but he did shake his head at her exclaim.

"No, in fact, I would be surprised if you weren't jealous. I'm surprised though, you don't usually wear your heart on your sleeve like this."

Suki snorted. "You're one to talk." Naruto chuckled. Her face soon became one filled with vulnerability. 

"Hahhh... I'm scared. What if Grace doesn't want me anymore? You said it yourself: Nirvana has changed him completely, erasing his emotions. What would be the point of my strifes when his response to my feelings is abandonment all over again?"

"I believe that is something that you'll have to prepare for yourself. You have every right to be scared--it is difficult to understand Grace and how he views things now. For so long, his emotions have been gone, but he still retains his nigh-infinite knowledge on human emotion. In fact, there is not single other that can contest with his ability to find what ticks others."

Suki stopped and Naruto stopped in response. Naruto looked behind him, his eyes snatching Suki's soul. Their eyes locked as her lips quivered in question.

"Tell me... if Grace abandons me... will you abandon me as well?"

Naruto laughed.