Chapter 66: Appetizer {Finale}

~~~

POV: Naruto

It was the next day - Wednesday - and it was the day for the grandiose festival that Yu had told me about. I was hoping that it would be worth my time and not something that I would dismiss so easily.

It even went to the point I had to go to that incredible shopping mall to buy clothing that wouldn't make me seem like I just gotten out of bed or got lost on my way to school.

I walked towards my mirror, seeing the reflection of my body that was as clear as day. It was a mere black pants with a black shirt that was tucked under the pants.

It wasn't anything too fashionable, but who needs to be too fashionable at an event where you'd eventually just dirty yourself. I sighed briefly, repositioning the part of the shirt that wrapped around my collar bone.

How many festivals have I attended since my birth? I questioned. I knew it wasn't a lot, but I was sure that I went to at least 2 festivals. The earliest that I could remember was that winter festival back in Konoha that I had attended with Satsuki.

My... what a pleasing night that was. That mistletoe that had been coincidentally placed right above us was most funny. I still remember how her cheek felt when I placed my lips on them.

They were delicate, very soft and pleasing to my lips. If I wasn't such a reasonable person, I would've snatched her first kiss on the lips during that moment.

Hehe...

No... I mustn't think of such things. I am - technically - a man who is above the age of 18 mentally. And while this body had yet to reach the age of the wild concept of puberty, I must do whatever it takes to make this body not react to children!

After all, while I am a killer, a person who has killed more than one may think, but I am not a pedophile! That is a line that I shall not cross!

While I may be a child with child-like behavior, I still view myself as the same [Naruto.] The same Naruto that died once attaining godhood.

Geez.

I'm a miserable fellow.

I looked at my bed, discerning a distortion of colors. On the edge of my bed was a hat that was red with a white ball of fur at the end of the hat.

I took the hat by the end, putting it on my head, and I turned around to see my neutral gaze. The hat was rather comfortable on my head.

Seeing enough, I made my way outside of my room, twisting the door knob and walking towards the living room.

In the dazzling light of the living room, I let out a small grimace that could not be heard even if one would see do it.

I walked towards where Aoi and the others were at. I walked along the hard wooden floors, preparing myself for their unbearable compliments.

"Lookin' good," Aoi said, her eyes turning upwards as she gave me a soft smile.

I nodded.

Nagare and Keika appeared before me, two glimmering grins obscuring my perception of the doorway that stood at the end of the long corridor.

Their expression became inquisitive, surveying my outfit as though they were officers of fashion. I didn't say anything, opting to let them do what they wished since I did not care.

"Pretty good!" As though they were conjoined together, they said these two words in absolute unison. I nodded, smiling softly.

"Thank you." I bowed slightly, exaggerating my delight. The two children giggled, amused by my exaggeration.