Chapter 104: The Final Year {Finale}

~~~

Ina had closed his eyes, taking a sip of the fine tea that was on the table right in front of him.

"We'll, what a cozy place." Ina's eyes suddenly shot open, his obsidian orbs staring at the sudden appearance of the mythical man that sat right across from him.

Naruto had appeared without even a moment's notice!

Ina had almost spilt the tea that was inside of his mouth at the boy's sudden appearance.

Naruto sat neatly, and silently eyeing the older man in front of him. He had no intention of starting the conversation, since he wanted Ina to take the first step towards his freedom.

"Convince me."

Two simple words, and while they had many to mean, Naruto knew what Ina wanted him to convince him about.

"Convince you of what?" Naruto asked in a feigning aloof manner, his sharp azure gaze cutting through the air.

"You know what I mean— freedom — my freedom." Ina wanted to be convinced, to have his perception of himself and the world be realized.

He wanted to be convinced that disobeying the ways of his father and Shikisha were right. It was something that he was conflicted about, unable to fully choose between what was the right choice and what was the wrong choice.

"Firstly, why would I need to convince you of something that you already want? What you should be asking is: how do I stop being afraid of chasing after the ideal?"

Ina had came for the wrong thing; he didn't need to be convinced to choose one thing over the other because he'd always end up choosing the ideal over staying. But, he merely needed that necessary push towards the light so he can truly get what he wanted.

"Then, how do I stop being afraid of chasing after my ideal?" Ina asked. It is difficult to have the guts to do something risky.

"Join me."

"Join you in what?"

"Have you forgotten? I personage you saw at your manor estate was that of the man named Grace—I am Grace." Naruto continued to smile, the corners of his mouth turning upwards.

The place was isolated, and there were hardly any people nearby, so it was fine as this—to reveal his identity to someone like Ina.

"Join me in my organizations conquest to take down wretched beings that are threatening the freedom of man with destruction."

Ina did not like this at all. Naruto was practically saying that he should free himself from the shackles of his father and Shikisha and then submit to Naruto's will afterwards.

What difference did that make in Ina's situation? He wondered thoughtfully.

"I free myself only to submit to someone else—how foolish would I be to do that? You're fucking crazy." Naruto did not frown, but he merely chuckled.

"What's funny?" Ina spoke.

"Do you believe I'd treat you the same as them? Are you afraid that you'd find yourself in the same situation? The same perpetual event occurring as though there was no end?