Chapter 84: A Gentleman's Return {2}

~~~

In the warm spring day, the younger Satsuki picked up her phone to hear Itachi's voice come from the other side.

"Sorry, but you'll have to go home on your own. I promise to pick you up next time." The younger Satsuki could practically feel the warm smile radiating off of her brother's face.

"Okay," Satsuki said, refusing to show any sign of premature disappointment. Itachi soon hung up, and Satsuki sighed, frowning.

He's been doing this more lately now. Satsuki thought to herself. Itachi used to be like this maybe one or twice a month, but it was beginning to become a nearly daily occurrence.

Maybe it's selfish of her to always expect and want her older brother to pick her up from school, but she genuinely has a lot of fun walking to the bus top and going back home with her older brother.

"There's no need to be some downcast." A voice echoed from behind her. Satsuki looked back, seeing a familiar handsome boy walk beside her with an indifferent look on his face.

"You were listening?" Her lips puckered, obviously displeased that Naruto was eavesdropping on her conversation with Itachi.

"Sorry, but if you want, I'll accompany you on the bus since I have to use the bus to go home now." Satsuki raised an eyebrow.

"You don't get picked up by Aoi anymore?" Maybe it was because he always left so quickly, but Satsuki never seemed to see Naruto at the bus stop much.

Skillfully, Naruto hid the vengeful look that almost dared to cross his face. Instead, he smiled warmly.

"No, she's been taking care of things at home lately, so I'm taking the bus now." The answer satiated her curiosity. Naruto walked forward, looking back.

He smiled softly.

"Hurry up. I don't want Aoi to yell at me for being home late." Inwardly, dark thought surrounded his mind.

The Uchiha Massacre will happen soon. I have to stay proactive, though. There is a chance that the massacre will happen sooner than later. Naruto thought.

Satsuki caught up to Naruto, deciding to walk beside the mysterious boy that was effortlessly charming when he wanted to be. The two walked towards the bus stop, waiting and getting on once the bus arrived.

The two took a seat, sitting beside one another.

It didn't take long for the bus to make them go on their separate ways, with Naruto left alone in this mystical vehicle, Naruto stayed silent until he got to his stop.

Walking out, he walked towards the direction of his new house, opening the door. Naruto walked along the house floors, seeing the older Satsuki sitting on the couch watching the TV as she slurped on noodles.

"Welcome home," she said once she swallowed the noodles that had rested inside of her delectable mouth and lips.

Naruto sighed, throwing his handbag on the ground before letting his body crash into the couch.

"I think we need to talk about something important."

"The Uchiha Massacre..." Satsuki looked at Naruto, with the latter nodding his head.