Chapter 120: Zurückspulen {5}

~~~

Yu laughed out loud, his voice resounding loudly within their respective stands. He looked at Ai, puckering his lips in fake sadness.

"Seems you're out of the tournament," he told her. This earned him a rightful glare that was given to her by the one and only Hitomi Ai.

"I won't just give up just because I'm fighting Naruto." 

Yu eyed her for just a moment. Naruto did the same for a mere second, before glancing away and thinking of the fight. Getting up from his seat Naruto went down in a silent manner, not battering an eye to the other contestants.

Ai trailed behind, her flawless silver hair following her.

Ai was met with the wide back of Uchiha Naruto, his tall stature washing over her. It took some time - it her until the stairs that they were going to walk down on - to ask Naruto.

"I'm going to lose horribly, ain't I?" She asked Naruto. For a moment, Naruto did not say anything, letting the footsteps shimmer and resound.

"You will."

Ai groaned at Naruto's bluntness. While she and the others have grown right along the boy, they'll probably never get used to the bluntness that Naruto was bestowed with during his creation.

"This may sound rich coming from me, but there is a sense of glory within defeat... no, I said it wrong. One may not find find such a thing within defeat, but there is always a chance to find something improbable."

"You're not that helpful."

They split ways, walking to different entry points. Naruto felt the cold atmosphere that surrounded the walls, the tunnel that led to the future.

Naruto walked out, feeling the warm light blemish his features. The center was lonesome, but it did not take long before someone accompanied him in such a lonesome travel.

"Remember, no killing--maiming is fine." The two nodded. Naruto looked at his comrade, his eyes staring deep into her soul.

"Wanna surrender?" He asked her win a fearless smile. The referee looked at them both before backing away, his hair swaying gently.

"Fuck off, Naruto."

The referee yelled, "Start!"

Suddenly, as soon as he said those words, Ai's hair flowed beautifully, the silver clashing with the cold blue tint on the ice. The dozens of pillars of ice were controlled with great control, exercising it with contorted fingers.

"Just because we are friends, does not mean I'll let myself lose easily. In fact, it is because we are friends that I wish we spare this moment to go all out."

As the pillars of ice surrounded her vision, they all crumbled before her feet, before the feet of Naruto's. A tall man looked down on her, as the flimsy ice cascaded down like a waterfall.

"To go all out?" He asked aloud. His body exuded a certain void, the black and purple aura seemingly supercilious in front of the world.

"I shall pray for your safety, Hitomi Ai."

~~~

Reinhard stood silently in a place of empty solitude. To which seemed to be in an area within the stadium that was flourishing with people. His face was of an empty expression, seemingly an empty glare in hindsight.