Chapter 5: The Start of Another Tragedy (4)

~~~

My eyes latched onto the despair-filled people who lay wasted right in front of me. The flames that surrounded this orphanage roared as it engulfed it entirely.

It would only take a few minutes for it to all burn down.

"Naruto! Get the kids! Live!" Eiji yelled as he pointed towards the kids that had been put to sleep for quite a while now. Their fates were doomed as the ceiling above them threatened to crash down.

My eyes looked at him, and then to the kids, then back at him. I stood silently for a moment before I gave him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. This was what needs to be done-- everyone here except me will die by the raging flames." I walked towards the two assailants.

Kneeling down I looked at them with a mild indifference.

"Kwang and Mi-Chan. You two did well, but it's a shame that you went to this orphanage that contained a calamity." Their eyes widened as I pulled their clip-on masks out from their faces.

"H-how?" They muttered, stammering. 

"I knew it all from the beginning. You wished to use this mission as a way to gain more experience for your Lord." I stared with bored eyes.

"So, how about this. I let you live, if you give me the information I want." They snarled as they preserved through the pain of the fire.

"Fuck off!"

An expected answer; but it was not the answer that I was looking for. So, in a way, this answer of theirs was the wrong one.

From behind them, I heard Miu ask me something.

"Why are you doing this?!" She screamed through the loud fire that overtook our senses. I stood back up, and turned around.

"Because this was what needed to be done."

~~~

A Week Ago...

I latched myself on the side of the wall and walked up with silence. Lately, I've been practicing my stealth capabilities.

My body was still too small and underdeveloped to be called optimal; and I'd fail very miserably if I fight someone with a fully-grown body.

So I would lose if I fought these two people head-on.

Opening the window for the library, I went inside. I left the window open since I wanted to test something out. Walking towards the corner of the library, I found a little hiding spot.

Due to two shelves not being able to hit the corner without blocking each other off, Miu-san and Eiji-san had made it so where the front edges were the only thing connecting.

This meant that a square formed that behind it that could be used to hide something if they had the ability to go on the other side.

Now firmly hiding, I waited for them to come. 

The visitors had raised my suspicion and I wanted to confirm if they were a viable threat or not. And the chances of them coming inside of here was undeniably a high chance.