Chapter 18: Entrance Exams (2)

~~~

POV: Naruto

I stood at the very back of the crowd of people, my legs moving as the examiner guided us to our destination in utter peace.

While the written exams were important, this physical section would probably be the more important than it. It may have been hard, but people will try to get a score that would make their written exams obsolete.

We stopped walking as we saw 3 buses that could fit all of the potential students that stood in front of them. One by one, kids started to go on the bus, walking onto the stairs that led them inside.

Since I was at the furthest back I was going to be on the third bus that was furthest to the back. By the time it was for the third bus, there were barely any of us left.

To the point where we wouldn't even be able to fill the third bus completely. That would mean that I could get a seat all to myself without someone else eyeing me like a bird to a worm.

"Get inside!" The examiner smiled as he gestured for us to walk inside. We nodded our heads, our legs moving under our command. Walking inside the bus, I took a seat last.

Good. A seat all to myself. Truth be told, if I wasn't the younger brother of Aoki Aoi, then I'd be happy to share a seat with someone else. But since I am, I'd rather not hear their rambling all too much.

Getting ourselves comfortable, I felt the bus suddenly move, jerking us back and forth. Clicking my tongue the bus moved, seemingly following the other buses.

After a few moments of the lukewarm atmosphere, I decided to go on my phone that had been in my pocket and start to see anything that related of importance.

And the best way to see if there are anything good to see is if you see the social media dumpster fire that roared for all eternity. I looked at what was trending on the app that had a blue bird for its logo.

[3. Top Rankers]

-The sudden movement of those at the top are making people question!

And now that I saw that, I couldn't help but question them as well. Those in the top 1000 usually kept to themselves, not doing anything out of the ordinary and simply lived their lives without the media looking at them with constant eyes.

But to hear that they were making sudden movements made me think deeply. In my old world, my power before the ascension of Nirvana was extremely potent.

But considering the scale of this world, I'd say that with that kind of power, I would've only been top 500-600. Of course, being at that power at the age of 17-18 would've been unheard of.

But I would've still lacked.

These top rankers.

What could they know that those below them don't? There must be things happening behind the scenes that are making them make these sudden notices, but the only question was:

What was the thing?

It must be dangerous enough that those even in the top 100 rank are acting as such. It made my skin crawl underneath, and the need to know became even stronger.