Chapter 91: End of the Interlude {4}

~~~

Time flows like drowning. There is one moment where you are struggling to save yourself, then there is another where your life ends.

It is unexpected, just like time. It waited for no one, and it will certainly not wait for insignificant creatures that are left behind, forever chasing the people in front of them, in the dust.

It had been a week since, and Naruto felt no kind of disturbance.

He still hadn't forgotten about his revenge against Shikisha--he was still bidding for time until he could strike. But ever since the news of the Chakra Vow possibly getting worse, Naruto wasted no time to make his Shadow Clones to cheat for him.

Before he gets another additional restriction, Naruto wanted as much strength as possible before his ability to gain power was hindered by the restrictions. Of course, maybe a benefit will surface that will provide great and valuable aid to Naruto, but Naruto was more worried about his life than a simple benefit that may or may not even help in the long run.

Naruto felt time slow down once he sat on down on his chair, in a classroom that was filled with older students. The pace of the world remained dull and still, the same long talking and work appearing over the course of the hour.

Naruto did the work and turned it in many minutes before class ended, resulting in him being bored and forced to stare into nothingness for rest of the period.

School went on like usual, with nothing peculiar happening. It was moments like these did Naruto wish that he was stronger; not being able to do anything would be considered a dreadful hell for him.

Once it was his lunch period, Naruto walked around the school premise with the older Satsuki that was disguised as a young girl that had a very beautiful face. Walking together, they discussed more about the upcoming adventure regarding the Uchiha Massacre.

"You believe it's this week?"

"I think it's a possibility, and I wouldn't disregard it at all. But I'll know for sure when it happens since Itachi will definitely come in contact with me before it happens; at least... a day or two before he commences the destruction of the clan."

Since the destruction of their beloved clan was inevitable, it was best to capitalize on the complete disaster to the best of its uses. By now, Naruto was 100% sure that Itachi would come to him to seek out his assistance to save Satsuki.

Because despite him agreeing with Danzo and Hiruzen's commands to exterminate the Uchiha, he couldn't trust them to keep Satsuki safe from harm's way. But, Naruto on the other hand, could do it himself. It would be in Itachi's best interest to do so, if he wants Satsuki to be safe and sound.

~~~

A masked man with spiky black hair walked along the edge of Tokyo, his eyes seeing everything that existed all around him. His mask had a singular hole on it, his right eye able to be seen from a single glance.

As he walked, he soon heard a soft rustle come from the bushes. He turned around, long since sensed the person that had been tailing him from behind, lurking within the shadows.

"Come out," the masked man said, his singular eye staring into the abyss. Soon, a figure appeared from the deep caverns of the bushes, standing firm and tall.