Chapter 85: A Gentleman's Return {3}

~~~

Amidst the frightening gaze of the sun, two lone figures stood in front of one another. Naruto watched the boy that stood in front of him carefully, watching as the school dropout stood still.

No matter the situation, Itachi did not move from the spot that he appeared from.

Basking the dazzling light of the sun and world, the started to speak on friendly terms.

"What brings you here?" Naruto asked again, bringing up the question that he had asked just moments earlier.

Itachi did not say anything, merely looking Naruto with his usual calm and apathetic gaze that did not change unless he was with family.

"That light spar we had during the Winter Festival—what do you mean by it?"

For a moment, Naruto had copied what Itachi had done before; the silence of Naruto had made the area become eerie and despondent. Yet, underneath that eerie and despondent atmosphere, was a certain serene peace.

"The tension is at its highest—right?" Naruto looked up in the air, watching as the illusory space that was created within the genjutsu world brightened under his azure orbs.

Itachi seemed to have sensed what Naruto was implying and tensed up just a tiny bit. The soft winds blew against their unique and handsome faces, their eyes locking on each other in a tight and odd manner.

"What are you implying?" Itachi asked back. Naruto merely maintained his calm exterior, and the smile remained itself, the blue hues of the skies raining down like some stream of meteorite.

"76 years ago—two unidentified humanoid figures had arrived on earth. They were extraordinarily powerful and defied the logic of human kind. The two died by the hands of one another, and had become legends within this Shinobi world. But one thing that people had recognized - the people that were present and survived - was the amazing 3-tomoe pattern that spun around their pupils. Their eyes? More bloody than crimson or scarlet.

"And, for the next 76 years, spanned hatred that could last for a millennium. Isn't it odd? The Uchiha had no real connection towards those two figures since they had manifested after their deaths; yet... people still feared the almighty users of the Sharingan." Then, after all things were said, Naruto asked the most important question.

"Which side are you on? The Uchiha? Or the rest of Japan?"

The Uchiha couldn't just attack a single place, if they wanted to ensure that they had no room for retaliation within the Japanese country, they must go full throttle.

They had to achieve total and utter victory.

And to achieve that—they had to take control and overthrow the current Japanese society.

Calmly, Itachi said: "The answer will always be the same. Japan." Naruto smiled.

"I assume there is a plan for that."

Itachi didn't say anything. But Naruto was not something that adhered to such a thing.

He wasn't someone to give up—he wanted more than just shitty and intolerable silence.