Chapter 129: Ballroom Massacre {3}

~~~

Present...

Itachi looked at Naruto with attention, not wanting to cast away his gaze so soon. Naruto looked back with equal intensity.

"And you still are willing to go through your plan? Staging your death." Naruto nodded his head soon after, showing not even a hint of hesitation. Naruto stared at the dark-colored skies.

"My death will jumpstart growth, a type of growth that only the Uchiha can achieve. People you care for, people you love... they are precious." Naruto smiled lightly.

"Hatred is quite the emotion." 

Naruto turned back, looking straight into Itachi's dark and calm eyes. Itachi's lips parted ways, opening so he could speak.

"Tell me - you avoided this last time - but is it love? Or is it your madness that invokes your need to do this for Satsuki?"

Naruto turned quiet, silent even. But, in the end, Naruto wasn't reluctant to answer.

"I believe we are the same, Itachi-san. While not exactly the same, there are similarities that some may not comprehend. The way we approach things with Satsuki have an uncanny resemblance."

His hair flew, swaying softly from the night's breeze.

"I believe... that our genius has a tinge of madness that coexists alongside it. For us, it is both our love and madness that invokes us to do things for others. And it just so happens we both have Satsuki on that list of care."

Perhaps Naruto was just repeating himself, like a broken record that constantly played the same thing in a perpetual loop that could not end itself.

Itachi's dark orbs flickered for a brief moment.

"You've had not changed a bit."

This time, Naruto was much quieter than before; but he found the need to answer his statement.

"I think I've changed quite a bit."

"I believe optimism can be good at times, but at times, one must reflect on themselves."

Itachi looked at Naruto, as if staring into a mirror of himself. In the deep trenches of his mind, Itachi thought of something.

We are the same...

Itachi thought in disappointment as he stared at Naruto.

~~~

The following night, Naruto and the others were roaming the night grounds, in their masks that tightly covered their faces.

"Come back here!" Numerous authority figures yelled. Some of them were regular police officers and some were Anbu Black Ops that trailing right behind them.

Naruto looked back, a bright light coming from a helicopter smothering their vision. Naruto was forced to squint his eyes.

"Should we destroy the helicopters?" Asked Ina. Naruto looked upwards as they stood still in the helicopter's spotlight.

Naruto ultimately nodded his head.

"Yes. That would be preferring," Naruto responded to Ina. Naruto looked at Suki, pointing towards the helicopter. She nodded her head.