Chapter 93: End of the Interlude {6}

~~~

Naruto felt his the hairs on the back of his neck stand, feeling the danger the situation skyrocket to a new degree.

This off-brand Wukong detected me in some way. Did my antimatter malfunction? No, there's no way... I made sure it fully disguised my chakra signature. Naruto mused inwardly.

For what seemed like an eternity, the two fighters stood without moving a muscle.

If he couldn't sense me... then perhaps he was able to smell me. If that's that case, then this guy's ability to smell entities must be very high.

Naruto was placed into a deep thought. He stared deep into the monkey's soul, his eyes narrowing.

He's waiting for me to make a move. This guy is too intelligent for his own good. If he was correct, mutated animals like this one right in front of him was quite rare.

Suddenly, Naruto felt the ground rumble. The crowned monkey lost his patience, letting out a terrible roar that reverberated along the great forest of death. Naruto stood still, the bellowing roar putting him and every single mutated creature that had been lurking around the two great warriors down to the core of the earth.

Then, waving the terrible staff around, the Monkey King approached Naruto in a cautious manner. Naruto widened his eyes, stepped back a bit to observe.

Caution; and he's also observing the situation. And he let out that roar to paralyze the other creatures so they won't get in his way when hunting his prey. Naruto realized what kind of insane danger that hd had put himself in.

Truly, he's a 'hunter' in every sense of the word. Unfortunately, I'll have to kill this crowned god before he ascends to the heavens. As though the stone monkey was a regular human being, he swung the staff of wood down, waving it across in a wide arch.

Activating his Mangekyou Sharingan, the motion of the staff was slowed down tremendously in his point of view. Quick to respond, Naruto lifted his leg upwards, shooting his foot to the skies.

CLASH!

In a mighty clash, Naruto felt the pressure that Wukong was applying to the staff that transferred over to Naruto. As though it was instinct, Wukong reeled his arm back, making the staff of heavens spin along his fingertips.

Wearing a maddening and ravaging look on his face, Sun Wukong swung the staff once more, applying more strength and force behind the swing. Seeing the danger, Naruto backed away, knowing full well that his bones would shatter if he were to clash with that monstrous swing.

I have to worry about clashing attacks. I may very well shatter a bone or two if I were to brute force my way through that monstrous strength. He may be holding back, but Naruto was sure that Wukong was also holding back to test his abilities.

Because a creature such as this - hiding within the shadows of the forest - had many tricks up his sleeves to survive in such an environment.

Because of this, Naruto was unsure of victory.

~~~

"What happens if they encounter the monkey? He's quite the dangerous creature for them." Guy, as a sensible sensei to them, voiced out his worries for the students in case they were to face off against the great Sun Wukong.