Chapter 121: Zurückspulen {6}

~~~

Naruto smiled softly, nodding his head as he turned around. 

"I wish you a safe recovery," Naruto told her, walking away. In the tunnels, his body was engulfed by the dark shadows. 

As Ai watched Naruto's back be swallowed whole by the dark tunnels, she could not help but grimace and snort in her insufferable loss.

Still not strong enough. She thought to herself. Clenching her fists, Ai willed herself away, not bothering to let the medical-nins to accompany her with her self-loathing.

I'm a part of the Court of Grace... I can't just be this weak in front of our leader. I didn't even stand a single chance. Perhaps that is why Naruto was the leader--with overwhelming power, talent, and intelligence, very little could outmaneuver him.

And only those stronger than him were able to just that. 

Over with Naruto, as he walked along the dark pathway of the tunnel, he saw a dangerous man waiting for him right around the corner. His dark eyes that had a black eyeshadow walking all along the lids was horrifying to the normal person.

Gaara had been waiting just right around the corner, his back leaning against the dark and cold walls of the stadium tunnels. His eyes ran across, locking right onto Naruto with a certain intensity.

He did not say anything else, opting to turn around and walk away from him. Naruto watched as he disappeared in a swirl of hazing sand that clouded his vision.

"You're too weak to be doing that to me," Naruto told the Gaara that was no longer here. Alone, Naruto walked out of the tunnel, trying to sense if anything was of a disturbance. 

The next match had been Satsuki and some other foreigner, and the winner was an obvious one. Satsuki had completely disregarded the safety of her opponent and utteraly and ruthlessly ripped their aspiring goals to win the whole tournament.

Naruto had watched it with an amused look on his face.

~~~

"With the first match-ups over! We shall move up to the quarter-finals once this 20 minute break is over!" Muting their mics, Michael and Chris got up from their seats.

They walked to the door, opened it as what came forth was a boy with straight red-hair. Hardened eyes with killer instinct was all that was present of the young boy.

Michael smiled.

"Gaara... your father informed you of the plan. Yes?" Michael's voice turned sly and cunning like a snake, and a long and slippery tongue filled and lathered in saliva swiped all along his lips.

Michael was none other than Orochimaru in disguise, having infiltrated the exams long ago. 

"Yes."

"Then what are you doing? Getting out of position?" 

Orochimaru was almost eager to kill Gaara right then and now, but he decided against it, because while the vessel wasn't a necessary importance, the being that resided within was placed at the utmost importance.

It was then did Orochimaru feel a strong sense of recurrence happening right before his very eyes. His eyes bulged as he saw two versions of Gaara standing right in front of him.