Chapter 94: End of the Interlude {7}

~~~

Kakashi and Guy arrived at the nearby explosion, noticing how far and deep they had ventured into the forest.

"Naruto dared to go this far into the woods... I don't know if I should praise him for such bravery or stupidity."

Kakashi sighed, landing on top of a tree branch, killing off any creature that was interfering with their search for Naruto.

"Hahaha! What a youthful spirit that young man has!" Guy, seemingly impressed by Naruto's supposed guts, laughed loudly.

Kakashi sighed, shaking his head.

"As a sensei - a teacher - I can't help but frown upon such an action. Although I didn't say that you can't go further down, self-preservation should've kicked in." They got down, no longer being able to sense Sun Wukong's chakra signature.

"But, I guess I'll let it pass this time around, since he did manage to win." The two teachers look down, seeing the body of the wannabe Sun Wukong completely squashed into oblivion.

The eyes were out of their sockets, dangling down to the side as the worms deep into the dirt found their away into the flesh of the dead king.

The torso had been torn to smithereens completely unrecognizable from a normal perspective.

From afar, Naruto dropped down unconscious, a pool of blood forming all around him.

"Guy... get him to medical attention. I'll handle the cleanup here."

Guy nodded his head, soon disappearing and going down. He walked on the bloody mess and carried the bloody Naruto away.

Once everything was clear, Kakashi went down, also entering the crimson mess that stained the ground red.

It would be bad if the other creatures would eat his rotting corpse. Kakashi mused.

There were many ways for these mutated creatures to get stronger. One of them was to simply attain experience by killing.

And the other way was to feast on the flesh of other mutated creatures. There are many reasons as to why this is, but everyone seemed to understand one thing.

They were born to hunt their own kind, because their only salvation comes from the blood and flesh of their own mutated brethren.

Furthermore, it is because the heart of such a creature was so tempting to the creatures that they'd do such a thing.

Some people even theorize that humans could attempt to do something similar to these creatures and indulge in the flesh of other human beings.

Of course, people haven't tried it yet, and if they did, then they definitely did not reveal whether or not they felt a burst of strength within their veins.

But, if such a case was true, then everyone knew that the people with talented blood coursing through their brains would be very high up for auction.

Especially this guy. Naruto was quite a powerful kid for his age. Even more, the power he had just displayed was at the level of one of the 9th years.