Chapter 117: Zurückspulen {2}

~~~

Earlier ago...

The chambers that usually held the powerful man known as Tokugawa Shikisha had been empty due to him attending matters of his own agenda.

Thus this brought the perfect opportunity for little ol' Ina. Carrying his sword that was hidden within a dimensional ring, he waltzed quietly within the chamber of the strongest swordsman in the world.

His heart was beating quick, not knowing whether or not he'd be caught in the act of snooping around this chamber. And despite many others being here almost everyday, they have never walked further than authorized.

Even the commanders have never walked to the throne, nor have ever touched the luscious material that was the throne of Shikisha.

Obviously, despite Ina being a mere dog to the lord, he was curious on what existed beyond the throne. So, to satisfy his curiosity, Ina finally got close to the throne, and he was closer than he has ever been before.

He did not touch the material that seemingly shone like gold; merely, he took a step and took a step another. He walked towards the top, his feet rubbing, digging deep into the gold of the lord.

He was the first - besides Shikisha - to walk on this throne. 

He appeared at the top. At the top was the barrier of shimmering veils of gold that was of soft fabric that separated them from seeing their beloved lord of swords.

Separating it, Ina took a step forward. To his surprise, there was not a single thing suspicious. Ina had a puzzling expression on his face before he decided to explore the vicious colors.

He stepped on the smooth floor textures. Then, he looked at the mat that Shikisha had at the center of the squared floor. He sighed, having odd suspicion.

"How predictable," Ina muttered, lifting up the mat to witness a trap door sealed shut. While it was a predictable place to look at, Ina had to give credit where credit's due.

No one here would dare to look for something such as this--they had no reason to. Opening the trap door, Ina saw a bottomless pit of pure darkness. He did not hesitate much, dropping down and into the bottomless pit.

Thwack!

Ina landed on something rough. He touched his footing and felt rough and rigid texture grace his fingertips. Ina guessed that he was on a concrete floor.

But looking up, Ina saw the light gaze through the trapdoor opening. Getting up, Ina could see faint outlines within the darkness. The faint outlines were that of stairs that went downwards, leading to something unknown.

Curious, Ina walked down the stairs, making sure that he wouldn't trip and fall in utter humiliation. Luckily, the torches attached to the wall began to spark to life. The atmosphere grew warmer with each descent downwards, and, in the end, he was met with a mighty door.

 The door was made up of stone, the cold and hard stone rough and stubborn to a person's skin. Ina saw two great swords clashing with one another before opening the door.

SWOOSH!

Ina had never felt a gust of wind as powerful as this. The power that transcended everything was like an oppressive force to him.