Chapter 101: The Final Year {5}

~~~

"Are you fucking stupid? You could've died there." Naruto frowned as Satsuki grabbed him by the tuxedo, pulling him in with an angry look.

Naruto looked to the side, looking at Yu and Ai.

"Little help here?" Ai and Yu pretended to act as though they didn't see anything right in front of them. Naruto sighed.

"But I'm fine. It was a gamble, but I needed to make as much disarray as possible. That was the best way possible. By placing the entirety of Japan upside down, we'll start garnering the attention of the Akatsuki and Nobu."

"And why would we want the Akatsuki's attention so early on? We are strong, but we still can not fully compete with them without death looming over us!" Naruto gnashed his teeth.

"We don't have time to think and worry about possible death. Do you know how long we have left until they descend? 4 years! If we can't take down Nobu - Shikisha - and the Akatsuki... then... then—!"

Everything will cease to exist.

No one in this world are capable of dealing with such beings of chaos destruction.

Naruto didn't want to die.

Not from anyone.

Not even from himself.

There's no time... this is needed.... this is needed! Naruto mused, rationalizing his thoughts.

"Tch." Clicking her tongue, Satsuki let go of Naruto, letting his buttocks crash into the stone pavement.

"I think... I have to agree with Naruto. If this saying of the Outer Gods are true, then wasting time with people much weaker than them would only serve us... uh... well.... shit."

Yu was still wary of whether or not Outer Gods were truly descending, and whether if Naruto's prophesied words were indeed a future reality or not.

But it didn't hurt to at least believe someone as crazy as Naruto once in awhile.

Satsuki knew that they were right, but she was quick to get Naruto out of there because she knew that death was the most likely outcome when they reach the zenith of every bit of their nightly adventures.

She was scared helplessly.

She didn't want Naruto die "again."

~~~

It was the next day, and Suisho Eri had found herself in front of a mere old man.

"I've been summoned to this country again just for me to cooperate with you guys to find shards of origin? How ridiculous is that?"

Eri had much better things to do than to assist a bunch of children - excluding Hiruzen - to find shards of origin.

"It is important. We have gathered intel that the Akatsuki has arrived to the point where they have  12 of them. The rest are within the hands of other individuals. There is a potential individual that may have one, and there is a group called the Court of Grace that has one. Do you know what kind of disaster this may spell Japan?"