Prologue: The Start of Something New

~~~

There had been no light.

This was what I thought as my eyes closed. As I held my dying breath, my mortal body had perished, and only the entity as Grace existed above all of reality.

That was what I had been.

The human died.

And the God had supposedly flourished in a realm only accessible to his own. I did not know what had become of us--

my memories - they were hazy and unclear.

I could remember everything from my birth to my death (excluding the memories of the futures that I saw), but I could not remember anything beyond that. But, I did remember one thing.

A single memory.

One that was seemingly placed into my mind.

"Why must I be the one to do this?"

"To feel once more. To feel means to live. Is such not a virtue?"

And, even though that memory was still hazy, I could conclude that I had been the one that asked the question. I didn't know how long it has been because I seemingly had been reborn just moments after dying by Madara.

Maybe it truly only has been a couple of minutes.

Maybe it had been centuries since my death.

But whatever it was, I knew that things - the gears of time - were still turning and churning ever-so slightly. And I was caught at the very center of it all.

Why must I still do this?

Everything should've been over. The regret I held for leaving Satsuki - it should've disappeared once I had died.

But that sole regret was now growing.

How long will it take before it would consume me whole?

As I felt my heart beat, I heard a noise emanate from nearby.

"Huh? A baby?" The voice was gruff, and was a voice of that of a man. From behind, a set of footsteps clacked. From the sounds of it, this place had concrete flooring tiles instead of creaking wooden flooring.

"What is it, honey?" As the Moon shined over, I heard the voice of a tired woman. She seemed to be positioned just a bit further from the man.

"It's a baby." The pace of the lady suddenly picked up.

"Another one?" She asked. I soon came to conclusion that this couple has had a frequent running with babies being abandoned by their parents.

They hovered over, and I was able to see how the two looked like with my own eyes. With vividness, their feature latched on to my eyes as though they were glue.

The man had graying hair and a growing beard. His face had wrinkles riddling his face rom all over and his pupils were onyx-black.

The lady had a ponytail that dropped down to the start of her waist. With few gray hairs, she too had a slight amount of wrinkles riddling her face.

From the looks of it, they were in their mid-forties to early-fifties.

The lady picked me up and hovered me in the sky. As my eyes darted to the side. Their doors were glass, letting me see my appearance as a baby.

I'm still the same. I thought, seeing my yellow hair with the black laces that had been engraved into my DNA. Looking back, I saw their faces.

They were frowning.