Chapter 124: Zurückspulen {9}

~~~

Few Moments Earlier...

Anubis walked forward, the gallons of blood cladding his black-toned body thickly. His jackal head and eyes were firmly set on the boy that stood right in front of him.

Now that the god was standing right in front of him, Naruto could not help but ask a simple question that would give him insight of his predicament even further than he had originally anticipated.

"How strong are you in this current form?" He asked the ancient entity that continued walking forward toward him.

"A mere 3 thousand. But, that should be more than enough to deliver you a deciding blow." Of course, Anubis was more than sure that Naruto had a few tricks up his sleeve to keep himself from dying from a god.

Naruto placed his right foot forward, preparing for an attack that never came.

He probably will only be able to use a limited amount of power or else Grace will intervene. But how much of his rank's power can he actually use? Naruto could not think anything else once Anubis took a step and disappeared.

His heart, blood, and adrenaline raced as Naruto emitted a trace of lightning around his eyes, heightening his perception alongside his Mangekyou Sharingan.

Looking into the future, Naruto narrowly avoided Anubis' claws from plunging into his face and tearing off his skin. 

Fuck... this is unfair... Naruto flipped backwards, dodging sharp claws that woven into a wide-arc. Looking into the future, all he saw for the next 10 seconds of the future was a terrible death! With a few heartbeats, Naruto crouched down slightly, taking the body of a dead man.

Throwing it to the god, Naruto hoped for the body to at least stall him some time. Unfortunately, his hopes were crushed once Anubis caught the man with his large hands and crushed his torso with a rough squeeze.

Blood spurted down, dying the black skin into a black-red color. Thinking of a plan, Naruto summoned hundreds of clones. Letting them fight the god for him, Naruto let one stay with him. Looking at the clone for a mere moment, Naruto gave it orders.

"Get away from here; message Satsuki - the younger one - to call Eri and tell her to get here asap!" His clone nodded, getting away.

It was then did Naruto see many clones get pushed back. Naruto looked at where Anubis was with his clones and saw that many of them were floating right above Anubis.

Telekinetic... Psychic affinity... makes sense since he's talking without using his mouth. Anubis came in eye contact with Naruto, his jackal eyes piercing through Naruto's soul. And it only took a mere second for him to use his affinity and take Naruto up afloat.

While fighting his clones, Anubis pressed Naruto downwards, smashing his entire body into the concrete ground below. Naruto splattered blood from his mouth, and even more blood trickled from his body.

Thrown away, Naruto roughly rolled on the ground. 

"Haahhh.... Huahhh... Huahhh..." Naruto inhaled sharp gasps as his vision was covered in mighty blood. Getting up, Naruto was met with a sharp kick to his chin. Almost choking in his own blood, Naruto was once again finding himself rolling on the piles of corpses that Anubis had killed.