Chapter 73: Outer Gods {2}

~~~

POV: Satsuki

People were, of course, surprised when Naruto hadn't appeared at school the first day after Winter Break and the first day that our 3rd semester started. And it happened for another day, but people merely shook it off as Naruto catching a cold or something akin to it.

After all, sickness was common during these times of weather.

But, those few days of him not appearing, turned into weeks of him not appearing. Soon, those weeks turned into a month. People soon realized that it wasn't because Naruto was sick, but because he just wasn't attending the school.

So, people went by, attending the school and their lives continued on as peaceful as snow falling. Yet, due to Naruto being such a prominent figure, people were unable to forget his presence.

I, too, couldn't forget his presence.

It was obvious, no? I sit right next to that bastard. If you were a seat neighbor of him, and he unexpectedly disappeared, then you'd be the very first one to find out.

Truthfully, I was quite very disappointed. Although he is a boy that makes my eyes narrow, his ability is commendable. No, it isn't just commendable, it's simply out of this world for a 6-year old.

While I wouldn't outright admit it, I was sure that Naruto is - at this current age - stronger compared to when my brother was 6. That much was obvious.

Of course, my brother is much cooler than that freaky boy.

Naruto is just plain evil.

And, after 2 months of being absent, that freaky and evil boy was here, standing in front of the class with a thin smile as though he had never left.

~~~

POV: Naruto

I smiled, my eyes turning upwards. It has been quite some time since I've last been here. And, just like always, it has barely changed one bit. Something like that isn't an egregious thing, but it's warming to know that some things may never change.

Iruka scratched his cheek.

"...Welcome back, Naruto..." I could tell Iruka was very surprised, but it was a long time coming--I was going to come back sooner or later.

My grades were starting to slip, after all.

I couldn't just let myself fail my first year at this damned school. That would unbecoming for the rising star of Japan, no? If that were to happen, I would surely lose face from the public.

Thankfully, it seems people outside of Konoha have yet to find out that I haven't been attending my classes. Although it would be weird if they ever did know such facts.

I walked towards my seat, sitting right smack dead center on it.

"It's been so long!!" Yu screamed, fake tears appearing on his face. "Oh, how lonely I've been!" Those fake tears were not enough to move me.

Really, I didn't know what to say, since I didn't really prepare myself for a moment like this. I had just planned on coming back and settle down for the remainder of my days while I conduct my heinous acts in the shadows.