Chapter 79: Miracle Creators {Finale}

[Every God must have their loyal devotees]

~~~

Yu and Ai couldn't even begin to imagine what type of situation that they've came across.

"I've pulled you two in after close inspection. Where you are? In my utopia. Where infinity resides."

The golden light basked them in luxurious color. It was warming to the touch, and the very thought of a higher being contacting them so unknown to them.

"You're a god," Ai said.

Mercurius nodded.

"I also go by the name of Mercury—I'm sure you've heard of him. Since that person is myself." Yu stayed silent at this statement, unable to comprehend the rising tides of the situation before him.

"...You say you have a proposal..." Finally, Yu mustered the courage to say something aloud, his calm and cautious nature showing.

Almost immediately, Ai noticed the sudden shift in Yu's nature, seeing a side of him that he has never shown before.

"Yes, would you like to hear it?"

The two looked at each other for a moment, before nodding their heads with reluctance.

Mercurius smiled with delight.

"There is a certain someone who has reached out to me. You all know him—Naruto." Their eyes widened.

Naruto had made contact with a god? Unbelievable! This was what coursed through their minds.

"He has reached out to me and wishes for you two to cooperate with him. He wants to form a team of capable people to assist him on his escapades."

There was no time for either of them to respond before Mercurius continued to speak.

"I'm sure you'd like to know what your benefits are, yes? Since people usually wouldn't accept without something beneficial."

The blurry figure of Mercurius waved his arms outwards.

"The benefits aren't exactly benefits, but, they are promises.

"He told me himself that:

If their fates are wretched, I'll save them from those wretched fates. 

If they are lost, then I'll show them a path.

If they want power, then I'll grant them strength.

If they wish for intelligence, I'll be their brain.

If they wish to be saved, then I'll save them with all my power.

If they follow me - becoming my limbs - then I'll show them the greatest scenery!

A future!