Chapter 81: The Wings of Grace {2}

~~~

Naruto stood in front of the registration, his body transformed into that of Aoi's.

His body was now that of a mature woman that was much older than he had been in his previous life.

Beside him was his clone acting as himself. Naruto walked up towards the registration area, seeing a guy with a gentle and calm smile.

"Hello, I would like to register my little brother into this tournament." It was a simple statement that made the man's eyes widen.

"Eh? Isn't he... a little too young for this? There is a children division if he'd like to enter?"

Naruto thought for a moment before asking, "Is there a money prize for the children division?"

The man nodded.

"The winner of the tournament receives a prize of 150 thousand yen. The adult division winner is given 500 thousand ten."

"Great. I'll have him apply for both of them. There isn't a problem, right?" Naruto asked in the disguise of Aoi.

"No... but I insist that you reconsider this—the adults can be rather rough when fighting. It is by no means safe for a child."

Naruto shook his head, an arrogant grin spreading across his face.

"I wouldn't worry, since they'll be lucky to even scratch the boy. In fact, if they can do that, then he'll forcibly withdraw from the tournament."

Naruto wanted to test himself out, whether he can truly do such a challenge without a problem.

"Uh... ok... please sign this form." Naruto did just that, signing himself up with the permission of someone that had long since passed away.

"The tournament is this weekend - Saturday - and is at around 3:30 PM." Naruto nodded, pleased by the confirmation.

And so Naruto and his clone were off.

~~~

It was the next day and Ai was in her combat class, doing the usual training that they do on a day-to-day basis when they weren't doing anything special.

But, as they did their daily training, Ai couldn't help but reminisce on what Naruto wanted them to do.

He wants us to get stronger. Ai didn't want to sound conceited, but she was sure that she was strong for her age group.

While not on the level of Naruto, she could be argued for being in the top 5.

How does he want to us to get stronger? She questioned to herself. Naruto was vague when he had spoke this, completely dismissing the fact that they may not know how to get "stronger."

There are many ways to get stronger, but some were better than others, so how will they know which method of gaining strength was worth it?

I'll just ask him.

He did say it himself: if they wish for power, then he'll show them the path for newfound strength.