Chapter 6: Opportunity (1)

~~~

I walked through the streets of Osaka alone with the duffel bag within my grasp. I got many weird looks from the adults that looked at me with curiosity.

Why was a kid here all alone?

This was what was probably going on in their head; a simple question that questioned my very existence being here all alone.

Osaka was known to be a place filled with extravagant night-life. So, for a kid like me to be here was oddly weird in many ways.

But their stares did not bother me, and I simply kept moving forward. Before I had left the orphanage, I had spent a bit of time planning my ventures.

First, I needed a way to satiate my problem with money.

The place that harboured the money that Eiji and Miu had was a delicate safe that was very hard to destroy with my own hands, and the code was something that I could not find myself.

So I had to opt to different means of gathering money.

And, with my current circumstances, I only had one real option that was viable to me. In a place where people enjoy nightlife, street food, and many other, there was a method most useful especially.

Pickpocketing.

But, with such a method was also very risky. Due to me being a kid here, the people here are attentively watching my every move.

And some of them were even Shinobi just enjoying their days in this port city. So, I'll have to be very aware of my surroundings at all times.

This was such a bothersome thing, but this was needed for me. Reaching into my duffel bag, I took out a thin wire that was very lengthy.

At the end of the wire was a sturdy and effective needle that glinted under the light of the street. Ushering through the crowds of people, I held the very bottom of the needle with my fingers.

This street food market was a pretty good place to do this little experiment. Even though some were watching me, I quickly lost them within the crowd of people that drowned me in a current of movement.

Perfect.

This was most effective in a crowd of people that only paid attention to themselves. Moving in a position where people won't notice, I imbued a tiny amount of chakra into the needle.

Many were on their phones, their eyes stuck on the screen that entertained them. I saw a man walking in front of me.

With the chakra-infused needle, I flicked it over to the back of his back pocket. In a quick succession, the needle stuck and engraved itself into the wallet that peered out from the back pocket.

I moved forward, masking the light yank of the string with my body. Catching the flying wallet, I immediately threw it in the duffel bag.

More.

More.

That's what I needed to do. I needed to be far quicker than this; because, sooner or later, people will realize that they have been had by someone. And, to be quite honest, I did look quite suspicious to the naked eye.