Chapter 90: End of the Interlude {3}

~~~

In the large classroom filled with upperclassmen, Naruto was certainly the odd one out. Sitting in the very middle of the room, Naruto found himself with many stares from the upperclassmen.

Stop staring at me. Naruto thought, annoyed. Having great ability comes with a great peril; that peril will undoubtedly be the jealousy of others.

While Naruto wasn't particularly bothered by their jealousy, he was bothered by their gaze--it made them all look like eyesores that were watching their prey.

Certainly, this brought Naruto the urge to slaughter them in two; but since that would be bad of him and could bring him behind the great bars, he refrained from turning the room into red with the blood of these little children.

Well, they weren't little... but whatever.

"Great! Everyone is seated at their correct place." The lady that looked to be about in her late-thirties was enthusiastic to be teaching such a young and excellent group of students.

"Today, I would just like to go over what we will be going over for the next week and a half. There's no need to do anything but pay attention to my words." Many students were glad, outwardly showing a look of relief, knowing that they didn't have to do anything for today.

On the board, the lady wrote something that made Naruto's interest get piqued.

"Today, I'd like to discuss about the intricacies of the Chakra Vow." In a class that was devoted to the topic of chakra, it was only natural for them to go over the topic of the Chakra Vow.

"As you may have been told, the Chakra Vow is a case where your desire being so strong that your own chakra reacts to it." Yes, that is most certainly correct.

The very center of the Chakra Vow and its appearing is widely known for your chakra reacting to your desire; once they meet, the two things coalesce.

In the end, it gives birth to a Chakra Vow.

"Your previous teachers may have also told you that you can also form a Chakra Vow your own and not have it appear involuntarily. Of course, the requirements to do so is quite hard to accomplish, but it is humanly possible."

The lady was easy to understand since her soothing voice and way of teaching wasn't too hard and she conveyed her message thoroughly and efficiently.

Naruto listened attentively, knowing that through this regurgitation of the same knowledge that he already knew, there would be another bit of information that he'd find out about the Chakra Vow.

"But, you may not know the two hidden secrets of the Chakra Vow." Now, Naruto was thoroughly interested. What was could be lying beyond his current level of knowledge regarding the Chakra Vow.

"Many do not know of this, so it isn't said and spread across the interest; but the Chakra Vow can get stronger, worse."

Naruto, inwardly, was surprised.

It can get worse? Naruto wondered inwardly. If that's the case, then he may be in quite the trouble in the future.

"To put it simply, over time, the limitations placed on you through the Chakra Vow will get worse and you may even get an additional restriction if you're unlucky; but the same goes for the benefits. The benefits will strengthen and you may also get an additional benefit; but that's rare."

To say the least, Naruto was pleased to hear this information being echoed and said. The mere knowledge of this made Naruto dread the future.

Naruto then rose his hand.