Chapter 109: Culling their Future's, but I'm Untouchable {1}

~~~

Naruto wove his arm overhead, the sword made up of infinite lives watching from up high. But, it didn't take long for Naruto to suddenly widen his eyes in painful horror.

"Aghh--!"

He coughed as the blade escaped from his hand and fell to the floor, an overwhelming pain coursing through his body. He clutched his mouth, preventing himself from spitting out more blood.

The... fuck? Naruto huffed as he wiped the oozing blood from his mouth. He looked at Amaryllis and she too was knocked over, huffing as painful blood oozed from within her caged white teeth.

"What the hell was that?"

"What do you think? You numb to the skull or what? Your body can't handle the 'infinite souls/lives' that you've offered to make the blade."

Tch.

He should've known better than to naively think that he could wield a blade like this so easily, Naruto thought to himself. Naruto took deep breaths, the pain subsiding.

"Is there anyway to use this blade without it... killing me?" Naruto found the way to muster the will to sit normally, a bit of sweat trickling down.

"Yeah--don't use it, retard."

Naruto's eyes twitched in annoyance. "I'm being serious. Is there any other way to use it without it killing me?" He asked with seriousness.

"Either have an artifact that can give you the resistance to the pain and effects of the blade. Or you merely use to blade normally without using any of its supposed special properties."

This prompted for Naruto to ask, "Then can you--" But he was immediately cut off by Amaryllis, her voice cutting him off like a knife.

"No, that blade used almost every single last of your 'sins' and 'kills' from a past life of yours. The rest won't be able to give you the needed resistance; you'll have to get stronger so you can withstand the backlash."

"Then... with the last remaining lives you can view into my past life... can you make a dozen chakra disguisers."

"Sigh... fine."

Naruto knew that using the lives of dead people would result in the highest degree of artifacts and weapons because comparing a gem or material to the life of another can not be comparable.

No matter how precious a diamond or any gemstone may be, they can not be exchanged for the life of another. That's what makes humans, animals, organisms that can live and breathe special--there is nothing like them.

So, once more, Amaryllis conducted a miracle.

~~~

Naruto knocked on the hotel room that they had been given as a group. He had found out through messaging Yu about it. He had been told by him that they were inhabiting the 6th floor and the third room on the 6th floor.

"Cwoming!" A guy from behind the door said. Opening the door, Naruto could see Yu munching on a sandwich that resembled grilled cheese. It was possible that Yu had made it.

"Ists juzz oo." Upon seeing Naruto, Yu got out of the way, gesturing him to look at the room. Naruto obliged, walking into the room.

He saw Fukushu laying on the floor, grumbling in disdain. "Why's be on the floor?" Naruto asked.