Chapter 82: The Wings of Grace {Finale}

~~~

Naruto hadn't expect a warm welcome, seeing as he was now facing the girl that Grace had left behind to complete his dream.

But his face suddenly throbbed in pain.

Shit... Naruto thought, an angry Satsuki gazing down upon him. She had just punched him in the face as though it was a normal occurrence.

"What's... no... I know..."

Naruto watched as Satsuki gnashed her teeth down, her jaw eager and urgent in anger. She grabbed him by the hem of his shirt, pulled him closer.

"You... you... left me!" Her voice rigid. Naruto, despite all of his intelligence, did not know how to respond to such a thing.

"Quiet down... you'll attract others." He cursed himself, knowing that he should've been extra careful when confronting her.

"For so long... I've been searching... I found numerous versions of you... but I was left to disappointment after finding... out they weren't!" This time, her fingers traveled up the hem.

Her hands held his neck in a chokehold.

Satsuki's face was twisted in anger.

"I had lost count on how many years of I've been searching for you!"

Even if her efforts proved to be useless, she was ready to spend all eternity searching for the man she loves.

Naruto felt guilty.

I didn't think I'd be in a situation such as this. The tears from before had dried out, his face now sickly wet.

Grace... what are you trying to do? Naruto was sure that Grace had gotten rid of chakra in the Elemental Nations.

Before he asked any questions, he wanted to diffuse the situation to a point where they could talk normally.

But the question was:

How will I do that?

That is the question that needed to be answered. And so Naruto decided on the best possible thing.

Naruto's hands lifted, finding way to her beautiful face. He plastered a sad smile.

"I'm sorry... but I'm not the Naruto you're looking for." Her grip loosened, her eyes widening.

"No... I'm sure of it... you're him! Don't fucking lie to me!" Naruto shook his head, freeing himself from the hands of the kneeling Satsuki.

He wiped the tears that embroiled her face.

"I am... not the person you're looking for... at least, not the version that you're looking for." Naruto caressed her with his soft hands.

"The person you love is not me—I am a version of him of the past... he created me." If he wasn't such a good person and it looking weird, Naruto probably would've kissed her on the lips.

"The person you're looking for... he exists atop the heavens and earth; he is the ruler of the gods and revered—he is Grace."