Chapter 83: A Gentleman's Return {1}

A/N: So, we near the end of the interlude. The second half of the volume will have two arcs but they will be about 30 chapters long I think.

That being said, enjoy the closure for this interlude that has spanned for almost 100 chapters.

~~~

Leading her by the hand, Naruto led her inside of his house, showing her the vastness.

"This is my house... I'm sure you know why I'm living here now." Satsuki nodded timidly, still shaken.

"I saw the aftermath." That must mean she only saw the portion of Naruto saying his farewells to Aoi and Nagare and Keika.

Otherwise, if she had seen the other [him] then she would've immediately confronted him. Naruto walked to the couch, gesturing for Satsuki to sit across from him.

With his feet not touching the floor, Naruto's legs were forced to hang just a bit off of the floor. Naruto waited a couple of second before speaking.

"First things first... I want to ask you something--how did you get chakra back?" It was a serious question that needed an immediate answer. Naruto did not know how she got chakra back, but he was sure that Grace had something to do with this.

"I don't... know. I just got it one day; I think it was about a couple of months after civilization stabled itself." Naruto mused inwardly for a couple of moments, wondering why Grace gave her the privilege of chakra once again.

"I see... I suspect that Grace gave you the ability to wield chakra again." But if that was the case, then Grace must've been planning this for decades. Well, for Grace, decades were hardly anything worth mentioning.

In the blink of an eye, hundreds of years could've gone by and gods would be unaffected by such time. Naruto hummed once more before leading up the statement with a question.

"And I'm guessing you used the vectors to cause a ripple in space-time to enable yourself to dimension hop--why? What gave you the idea that I - Grace - was still alive? What gave you the thought that we may have lived and is now living in another dimension. I'm sure you saw it--our death." Satsuki looked away, bringing her legs back to her, hugging it before looking back at Naruto.

"I don't know... It was like a gut feeling... It's hard to explain... something inside of me just instinctively thought of it."

A gut feeling? Realistically speaking, at most, Satsuki would figure out that Grace was alive, but not living as a human, but as a god. But she didn't even think of that, and opted to search for a human [us.] Perhaps it was because Grace died in this universe that Satsuki decided to leap through universes and omniverses to get to this realm. But that doesn't explain this gut feeling that she had felt. No, what an idiot I am. The answer is obvious. After all, Naruto and Grace were the same.

The only difference was their time periods. Fundamentally, their way of thinking was the same, with Grace's being on a higher field.

That gut feeling was due to Grace's influence. Perhaps that feeling has always been there lurking, because of her grievance of my - our - death. But it was definitely Grace that made that gut feeling stronger. Naruto had the urge to laugh out loud.

Everything from then on had already been predetermined by fate (Grace) and destiny (Grace). This "rebirth" of mine and my meeting with the original Satsuki today had been determined ever since Grace had ascended to godhood.