Chapter 178-Sin City

July 5th - July 9th, 2007

We were sitting in Bobby's house. I sat with Bobby and Dean while they worked on the Colt. Sam sat at another desk on the opposite side of the room, researching as Sam stood up and walked over to us "hey." Sam said as Dean looked up "hey, what's up?" Dean asked "might've found some omens in Ohio. Dry lightning, barometric-pressure drop." Sam said as Dean raised his eyebrows "well, that's thrilling." Dean said "plus, some guy blows his head off in a church, and another goes postal in a hobby shop before the cops take him out. Might be demonic omens." Sam said.

"Or it could just be a suicide and a psycho scrapbooker." Dean nodded "yeah, but it's our best lead since Lincoln." Sam said "where in Ohio?" Dean asked, turning back to the Colt "Elizabethville. It's a half-dead factory town in the rust belt." Sam said "there's got to be a demon or two in South Beach." Dean shrugged "sorry, Hef. Maybe next time. How's it going, Bobby?" Sam asked "slow." Bobby sighed "eh, I tell you, it's a little sad seeing the Colt like that." Dean said

"Well, the only thing it's good for now is figuring out what makes it tick." Bobby said "so, what makes it tick?" Sam asked as Bobby looked up from his work, thoroughly unamused while Sam held up his hands, apologizing "so, if we want to go, check out these omens in Ohio...you think you can have that thing ready by this afternoon?" Dean asked as Sam chuckled while Bobby looked up at Dean in disbelief "well, it won't kill demons by then... but I can promise you, it'll kill you." Bobby said "all right, come on, we're wasting the daylight." Dean smirked "see you, Bobby." Sam said "bye, Bobby." I smiled.

As he looked up from his work and gave me a small smile as I stood up and followed my brothers to the door "hey! You kids run into anything. Anything...you call me." Bobby said while Sam and Dean went into the church wearing suits, so I, of course, had to wait in the car. They weren't gone for long though, they told me that Father Gil said that everyone in the town had gone off the deep end around two months ago. They had all changed for the worse. Everyone went to the bars every night, people were cheating on their significant others, and others were getting into fights.

This could not have been a coincidence since the gate to Hell had been opened around the same time once we left for a motel room, and when we walked in, Dean chuckled at the mirrors on the ceiling. As he went to close the door behind us, he spotted someone in the hallway "Richie? I don't believe it." Dean said as Sam and I walked over to see a man standing there in a brown and white tracksuit. He had a gold chain and a fedora on.

"Hey, Dean...Winchester, right?" Richie asked with a thick New York City accent "yeah." Dean smiled as a tall blonde woman walked out of Richie's room, her boobs were practically hanging out of her belly shirt, and her skirt stopped right below her butt "this is my sister, uh, Cheryl." Richie said "hey." She smiled and batted her eyelashes "Cheryl." Dean said as Richie handed Cheryl a wad of cash "there. Well, ya know...stepsister." She said "ew." I said as Dean chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder "come on in. This is my sister, Addie. This is my brother, Sam." Dean said as he pointed at each of us.

"Hey. How you doing?" Richie said "not too bad. How do you two know each other?" Sam asked "you were in school." Dean said "it was that succubus, in Canarsie, right?" Richie asked "yeah, yeah." Dean nodded "oh, man. You should have seen the rack on this broad. Friggin' tragedy when I had to gank her." Richie said "whoa, whoa. Wait. Who killed her? If I remember, your ass was toast until I showed up." Dean replied.

"Oh, I forgot what a comedian this guy was." Richie said as he pointed his thumb at Dean "Richie, Richie, know what? I told you then, and I'II tell you again...you're not cut out for this job. You're gonna get yourself killed." Dean said.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Richie answered his phone "talk to me." He said as he looked at Dean "fyi, Winchester...words hurt." He went back to the caller "yeah?" (..) "no, it's not a good time, babe. Later." He hung up "so, you find anything in this town, anyway?" Dean asked "uh, no. I got nothing. Oh, wait a minute. You mean as in demons and whatnot?" Richie said "yeah." Dean nodded "no, I got nothing." Richie replied "typical. What about your 'sister' back there?" Dean scoffed "oh, honestly? She definitely had the devil in her, but she wasn't no demon, you know what I'm saying?" Richie smirked.

As I frowned while Dean cleared his throat and nodded slightly at me as Richie looked at me quickly "right. Seriously. Church guy, hobby shop guy...they were lunch meat by the time I got there. Hey, maybe they were possessed, but I can't prove it." Richie said "yeah, that's where we are too. Ya know, let's just say that demons are possessing people in this town. Ya know, raising Hell..." Sam said "yeah, but why would a demon blow his brains out?" Dean asked "well, for fun? Ya know, he wrecks one body, moves to another. Ya know, like taking a stolen car for a joyride." Richie said.

"Anybody else left in the town that fits the profile..ya know, nice guy turned douche, still breathing?" Dean asked "there's Trotter." Richie nodded "who's that?" Sam asked "well, he used to be head of the Rotary Club. And then people say he turned bastard all of a sudden? Brought in the gambling, the hookers...uh, he practically owns this whole town." Richie explained "know where we could find him?" Sam asked him "oh, he'll be at his bar in a few hours." Richie replied.