Chapter 24-The Crime Scene

Pulling up to the house we get out of the car just staring at the house before walking inside I look around with tears in my eyes at all the mess and destruction "tell us what the police said." Sam said as he turned to look at her "well, there's no sign of a break-in. They say that Emily let her attacker in. The lawyers...they're already talking about plea bargains." She said with tears in her eyes "look, Bec, if Zach didn't do this, it means someone else did. Any idea who?" Sam asked her.

"Um, there was something about a week before. Somebody broke in here and stole some clothes....Zach's clothes. The police...they don't think it's anything. I mean, we're not that far from downtown. Sometimes people get robbed." She replied "so, the neighbors dog went psycho right around the time Zach's girlfriend was killed." Dean said walking up to us "animals can have a sharp sense of the paranormal." I said looking up at him "yeah, maybe Fido saw something." Dean suggested "so, you think maybe this is our kind of problem?" Sam asked him "no. Probably not." Dean replied.

[.....]
Once we made it back to Becky's house we all sit around in the living room watching the security footage that she took "here he comes." She said pointing him out to us "22:04, that's just after ten. You said time of death is about 10:30." Dean said sending a glance her way "our lawyers hired some kind of video expert. He says the tape's authentic. It wasn't tampered with." She replied.

"Hey, Bec, can we take those beers and soda now?" Sam asked her "oh, sure." She replied standing up "hey, maybe some sandwiches, too." Sam said with a smirk on his face "what do you think this is, Hooters?" She questioned him before walking off "I wish. What is it?" Dean asked as I rolled my eyes at him "check this out." Sam said showing us the tape seeing Zach's eyes glow.

"Well, maybe it's just a camera flare." Dean said "that's not like any camera flare I've ever seen. Ya know, a lot of cultures believe that a photograph can catch a glimpse of the soul. Sam said as he turned to look at us "right." Dean said "remember that dog that was freakin' out? Maybe he saw this thing.
Maybe this is some kind of dark double of Zach's, something that looks like him but isn't him." Sam said "like a Doppelgänger?" I asked him "yeah, it'd sure explain how he was two places at once." Sam said.