Chapter 160-Strange Happenings

The next day arrives as I wake up to shuffling in the room as I sit up rubbing the sleep away from my eyes "morning sunshine." Dean said as he ruffled my hair lightly "mmm, morning." I mumbled as I looked up at them "sleep okay?" Sam asked me as I nodded at him "how was your day?" I asked them "uh, when we got there. This guy, Brad, actually died on set." Dean said "something really is going on then?" I asked "yeah, looks like it. Brad died in the middle of a shoot. He dropped through the ceiling of the set with a rope around his neck." Sam replied "wow." I muttered.

"That happened last night

"That happened last night. They had a moment of silence at breakfast for him and then went on their way." Dean nodded "Dean ended up making some PA friends and found some EVP on some of the film audio. So, we watched the footage of Brad's death, and we found a spirit on it." Sam said "turns out, her name was Elise Drummond." Dean said "a starlet back in the thirties. Had an affair with a studio exec. He uses her up, fires her, leaves her destitute, so Elise hangs herself from Stage 9's rafters, right into a scene they're shooting." Sam said "that's horrible." I said as Dean looked at me in the rear-view mirror "yeah, so we're headed to the cemetery." Dean said.

[.....]
Once we pulled into the Hollywood Forever
Cemetery, we grabbed shovels and made our way through it "which way?" Sam asked "uh...over here." Dean said as he pointed, and then we continued walking until he called us over "hey." Dean said "yeah?" Sam asked, but when we turned around, Dean was pointing to a memorial for Humpty Dumpty.

"This map is totally worth the five bucks! Hey, we've gotta go check out Johnny Ramone's grave when we're done here." Dean said "you wanna dig him up, too?" Sam asked "bite your tongue, heathen! Oh, that's cool." Dean scolded as we passed by another large memorial "ya know, Dean, what I don't get is why now? I mean, after seventy-five years, Elise Drummond suddenly goes homicidal, ya know? Why this movie?" Sam asked him "well, maybe she's mad they're making a scary ghost flick." Dean said "come on, is it really that scary?" Sam sighed "here we go." Dean said as we stopped in front of a headstone while Sam and I walked around in front of it to see the name Elise Drummond engraved into the headstone.

"Yup. All right." Sam nodded "Yahtzee." Dean smiled as we started digging and eventually opened Elise's coffin. We salted and burned the bones and then made our way back to the motel.

[.....]
Back at the motel, the boys told me about the craziness of their day "so, when we got there, we were hoping that last night would've taken care of the haunting." Dean said "but one of the crew had been pulled into a giant fan and killed." Sam said "that's horrible." I said "so, we found out that an electrician named Bill Beard had died the same way back in
'66. When we did some research, we found that he had been cremated." Sam explained as I nodded "while we were watching the movie footage back to see if we could find anything else on them. We realized that they were using a real necromantic summoning ritual for the movie." Sam said.

"So, they were bringing the spirits back without even realizing?" I asked him "well, we weren't sure. So, we went and talked to Marty, the writer. It turns out that he wasn't the original writer. A man named Walter was the original, but they changed everything on him." Dean said "so, we read the original script and realized that Walter's movie script was actually pretty good, but also extremely accurate." Sam said "did Walter try to take revenge or something?" I asked "when we went to confront Walter, he was using Billy Beard's spirit to drag Marty into a fan." Sam nodded.

"Walter explained that he was angry that the studio had taken something he worked on and changed it completely. So, he was using the spirits to kill the people he hated." Dean said "but how?" I asked "well, he had a talisman that controlled the spirits. Unfortunately, when I was trying to convince him to give me the talisman, he smashed it on the floor." Sam sighed "that was stupid." | said as I rolled my eyes "yeah, he freed the spirits, but then they took their revenge on him for making them murder." Dean said "now that it's all taken care of, are we leaving tomorrow?" I asked him "we wanted to go back one more time to make sure everything had been taken care of." Sam said "alright, well I'll be here." I said.