Chapter 159-Hollywood Babylon

March 12th - March 18th, 2007

Los Angeles, CaliforniaWe took a few days off to let Sam relax after everything that had happened with Madison

We took a few days off to let Sam relax after everything that had happened with Madison.
He hadn't stopped searching for a new case the entire time, though, and eventually, he stumbled across one. An actress had found a man bloody and wedged in between some rafters on a movie set. Rumors were flying around that the set was haunted, kind of like "Poltergeist," bad things just kept happening. Sam was convinced it was caused by something supernatural, so Dean agreed to go. I, on the other hand, did not want to because it was in...California. To be specific, the case was in Hollywood.

[......]

As we pull up to a motel room Dean checks us in while me and Sam grab our bags from the car before heading inside as make my way to the bathroom to shower

As we pull up to a motel room Dean checks us in while me and Sam grab our bags from the car before heading inside as make my way to the bathroom to shower. Shortly after I finish showering I head back into the room to get dressed into some comfortable clothes before looking up at the sound of the front door opening.

"So, tell me about the case." I said "it was kind of awesome. We were at the set of where they filmed 'Creepshow' and-." Dean smirked "what? 'Creepshow,' really? That's awesome." | smiled "yeah, and we saw Matt Damon this morning." Dean said "what?" I asked, excited "no, we already talked about this. That was a janitor." Sam sighed "no, it was Matt Damon." Dean said "why would Matt Damon be sweeping the studio?" Sam asked him "whatever. Anyway, get this." Dean scoffed "what?" | asked "the woman who found the dead guy, Frank Jaffey. Was Tara Benchley." Dean smiled "you mean, 'Fear.com' Tara Benchley? 'Ghost Ship' Tara Benchley?" I asked, shocked.

"Yup. The worst part was that everyone thought we were PAs." Dean said "what's a PA?" I asked "they are kinda like slaves." Sam said "oh." I muttered "yeah, we basically had to serve people and get them whatever they wanted. But they did have really good food out for everyone. Like, oh, Ads, they had these mini Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. They were delicious." Dean said "yeah, anyway. We ended up finding out four people died pretty tragically there over the past eight years. Two suicides and two fatal accidents." Sam laughed "okay, so vengeful spirit?" I asked him "that's what we thought at first, but when we looked into Frank Jaffey, he turned out to actually be-." Sam nodded "Gerard St. James." Dean said excitedly "what?! Gerard St. James is dead? We can never watch 'Critters 3' again, Dean. It just won't be the same." I exclaimed.

No, he's not dead. We went to talk to him. Turns out, the studio hired him to play a dead guy." Dean chuckled "why?" I asked him "apparently, rumors of a haunted film set is free publicity. Especially when they are making a horror movie." Sam said "that's a little messed-up. But it doesn't seem like anything supernatural is actually happening. So, why go back?" I asked them "well, when I talked to Tara-." Dean said "wait. You got to talk to Tara Benchley?" | asked him "yeah, but listen to this.
When she saw the dead body, she said there was a ghostly figure standing next to it." Dean replied "so, we're going back to make sure that whatever spirits are there. Aren't going to get stirred up from the fake dead body and the shooting of a horror movie." Sam said "okay, that makes sense." I said.