Chapter 154-Looking For The Body

Molly led us through the woods until we reached a cabin. Molly, Dean, and I walked into the cabin while Sam looked around outside "this is it. This is where I saw him." Molly said "must have been his hunting cabin. Huh. Seemed like a real sweet guy." Dean said, shining his flashlight on tools and a blood-stained table "no markers or headstones outside." Sam said as he walked in "you're looking for Greeley's grave?" Molly asked him "yeah." Sam nodded "why?" Molly asked "so, we can dig up the corpse and salt and burn it." Dean said bluntly "oh. Sure, naturally." Molly sarcastically murmured.

"It's a way to get rid of a spirit." I said "and that'll save David?" Molly asked me "well, this is what'll help both of you, provided there's a corpse to be found." Sam said "so, how do we find it?" Molly asked "I'm not sure. After Greeley died, his wife claimed the body. And that was the last anyone saw of her. So, good guess she brought him back here. But they had a thousand acres. He could be buried anywhere on 'em." Sam said "so, this is really what you guys do? You're like Ghostbusters?" Molly asked "yeah." Sam said.

"Minus the jumpsuits. This is a fascinating conversation and all, but this highway is only haunted once a year, and we got 'til sun-up to wrap this thing up. What do you say we move it along, okay? Great." Dean said briskly "Dean, you've gotta be nice." I whispered "nice? We don't have the time, and I definitely don't have the patience to ease her into this." Dean whispered "I know, but try to be a little more understanding." I said suddenly, we heard a scream "come on." Dean nodded at me, and then we took off running in the direction of the scream. A few moments later, we ran into Greeley with his arm around Molly's neck.

"Whoops." Dean said as he shot him in the head, and then he vanished into a cloud of smoke "hey! Are you all right?" Sam asked her "what has that son of a bitch done with my husband?" Molly asked "just take it easy, all right? You're gonna see David again. You will." Sam said "hey. Follow the creepy brick road." Dean said, causing us all to face him as he pointed his flashlight down a gloomy path "go ahead." Sam said as he gestured for Molly to go in front of him.

"So, you can shoot spirits?" Molly asked "well, that shotgun actually shoots rock salt." I said "that thing shoots rock salt?" Molly asked, looking confused "yup." Sam nodded "and plain salt keeps away spirits?" Molly asked "simple remedies are always the best." Sam said "salt is actually a symbol of purity in most cultures." I explained "so, it repels impure and unnatural things. Same reason you throw it over your shoulder." Sam said as we rounded the corner, we looked up to see a creepy old house in front of us "ya know, just once I'd like to round the corner and see a nice house." Dean said.

As Sam, Molly, and I walked into the house and started looking around with our flashlights.
Dean joined a few minutes later "any headstones outside?" Sam asked "yeah, right. Is it ever that easy?" Dean scoffed "I guess not." Sam shrugged "you two check upstairs. See if you can find any notes or records telling us where he's buried. We'll just check down here." Dean said as Sam and Molly nodded and then walked upstairs "are you all right?" I asked after they were gone "what do you mean?" Dean asked me "you just seem really on edge." I said "I'm just worried Sam's gonna tell her the truth. We need her to stick around."
Dean said "is that why you're being rude to her?" I asked him "I'm not being rude." Dean replied.

"Eh, a little." I shrugged "it's just annoying to have to tiptoe around it. I mean, how would she not know?" Dean asked "you know as well as I do what a traumatic death can do to a spirit. It makes sense that she's confused. She died suddenly, in a tragic way." I said "yeah, I get it." Dean nodded "look, all I'm saying is...just remember she was human once, she's just confused and needs our help." I said "no, you're right. I know. There's nothing down here. Let's go get them." Dean said as I nodded and followed him up the stairs.

As we made our way up, we could hear Sam and Molly talking "yeah. Uh, it could be revenge. Could be love. Or hate. Whatever it is, they just hold on too tight. Can't let go. So, they're trapped. Caught in the same loops. Replaying the same tragedies over and over." Sam explained "you sound almost sorry for them." Molly said "well, they weren't evil people, ya know? A lot of them were good. Just...something happened to them. Something they couldn't control." Sam said "Sammy's always getting a little J. Love
Hewitt when it comes to things like this." Dean joked when we reached the doorway.

"Me, I don't like 'em. And I sure as hell ain't making apologies for 'em." Dean said as I elbowed him in the side "there's nothing downstairs. You find anything?" Dean asked them "uh, just about every piece of mail or receipt they ever had. Looked through a couple, but nothing about a grave so far." Sam said as Dean furrowed his brow and then approached a cabinet on the wall across from us "what?" Sam asked him "there's something behind here. Here. It's locked from the inside." Dean said as he stood up and turned around, giving the door a back kick, which did nothing. He looked surprised and then braced himself and kicked harder.

The door swung open. He nodded at us, and we all crawled through the small opening.
When we made it into the room, my heart sank, and my skin crawled as I looked around at all the cobwebs. Sam and Dean brushed away some of the cobwebs. I looked down and frantically wiped cobwebs off of my clothes as I jumped back, bumping into Sam as I swiped a spider off of my jacket "ew, ew, ew! Get off me! Get off me!" I shouted as | quickly spun and looked up at Sam "Is there more? Is there more? Get 'em off. Get 'em off." I said as Sam laughed and put his hands on my shoulders, stopping me from spinning.

"All right, calm down. Let me look. No, you're all clear. You've just got some cobwebs caught in your bun." Sam said as he brushed them out and then patted me on the back "you all right there, jumpy?" Dean asked wide-eyed "pff...yeah, I'm fine. What are you talking about?" I asked "yeah, okay." Dean scoffed "I just don't like spiders." | shrugged "it smells like old lady in here. And that would explain why. Well, now we know why nobody ever saw her again." Dean said as he pointed his flashlight at a corpse hanging from the ceiling.

"She didn't want to live without him." Molly mumbled as Sam picked up the chair underneath the corpse and set it down in front of her "Dean, give me a hand." Sam said "really?" Dean groaned "what are you gonna do?" Molly asked him "we can't leave her like this." Sam said "why not?" Dean shrugged "oh, I don't know...she's a human being." I said "she deserves to be put to rest, Dean." Sam replied "jeez, all right." Dean reluctantly agreed and walked over to Sam and the corpse as he stood on the chair and started cutting the rope "son of a..." Dean muttered as he wrapped his arms around her waist and turned his head.