Chapter 168-Day After The Tragedy

About a day had passed since Bobby and Dean had carried Sam into one of the houses within the small, abandoned town. They found a bedroom and set him down on the bed. Bobby had been coming and going from a town to pick us up some things.
Mostly Dean just wanted alcohol, and I wasn't starving. I was ready to give Sam a proper hunter's funeral, I didn't want to let him go, but I couldn't stand seeing him dead on the bed in front of me. I had barely entered the room that he was in, but Dean hadn't left his side. I felt bad that I wasn't in there with him, but seeing Sam lifeless, just made me cry more.

"Brought you guys some food." Bobby said as he walked in with bags of fast food as I shook my head but didn't say anything "no, thanks. I'm fine." Dean said from the other room "you two should eat something." Bobby said "I said I'm fine." Dean snapped "Dean...I hate to bring this up. I really do. But don't you think maybe it's time...we bury Sam?" Bobby sighed "no." Dean said "we could...maybe-." Bobby said "what? Torch his corpse? Not yet." Dean said "I want you to come with me." Bobby said.

"I'm not going anywhere." Dean said "Dean, please." Bobby begged "would you cut me some slack?" Dean asked him "I just don't think you two should be alone here, that's all. I gotta admit, I could use your help." Bobby said as Dean scoffed "something big is going down...end-of-the-world big." Bobby said "well, then let it end!" Dean yelled "you don't mean that." Bobby said "you don't think so? Huh? You don't think we've given enough? You don't think we've paid enough? I'm done with it. All of it. And if you know what's good for you, you'd turn around and get the hell out of here." Dean said as Bobby shook his head.

"Go! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please, just go." Dean said "you know where I'll be." Bobby said and turned around as I stood up and followed Bobby to the door. Dean turned around, and we made eye contact, but neither of us said anything. I closed the door behind Bobby and me and then followed him to his truck. Bobby looked at me but didn't say anything. We both climbed into his truck, and then he started down the road.

[......]
The next morning I woke up to a knock on the front door as I get up out of bed making my way towards the living room completely in shock "hey, Bobby." Sam said as I approached the door "Sam. It's good to...see you up and around." Bobby said as I looked at him feeling so many emotions, I was happy to see Sam, but was worried that Dean had done something stupid. I gave Dean a "what did you do" face, he returned it with an almost shameful look.

"Yeah...thanks for patching me up." Sam said as he patted Bobby on the shoulder and walked past him. He smiled down at me and then walked towards Bobby's desk "don't mention it." Bobby said while staring
Dean down "well, Sam's better. And we're back in it now, so...what do you know?" Dean said as Sam gave him a strange look, knowing something weird was definitely going on "well, I found something. But I'm not sure what the hell it means." Bobby said.

"What is it?" Sam asked "demonic omens...like a friggin' tidal wave. Cattle deaths. Lightning storms. They skyrocketed from out of nowhere. Here. All around here, except for one place...Southern Wyoming." Bobby said "Wyoming?" Dean asked "yeah. That one area's totally clean...spotless. It's almost as if..." Bobby was hit with a sudden realization "what?" Sam asked him "the demons are surrounding it." Bobby said "but you don't know why?" Dean asked him "no, and by this point, my eyes are swimming. Sam, Addie, would you take a look at it? Maybe you two could catch something I couldn't." Bobby said.

"Yeah, sure." Sam nodded "come on, Dean. I got some more books in the truck. Help me lug 'em in." Bobby said "yeah." Dean nodded and then followed Bobby outside as Sam sat down at the desk and started looking at the map. I walked over and couldn't help but stare at him. I was amazed to see him alive and well "you okay?" Sam asked, not looking up from the map "what? Yeah, I'm fine." I said quickly "you sure? I can feel you staring at me." Sam said "staring at you? No, I was looking at the map. Jeez, Sam, can you say self-absorbed?" I laughed.