Chapter 49-Something Isn't Right Here

Once we arrive at the hospital we get out of the car and head inside "Addie, you know the drill." Dean said "I know, I know. I can take care of myself, you know." I said as Dean pulled out the EMF detector and began sweeping the room "getting readings?" Sam asked him "yeah, big time." Dean replied "this place is orbing like crazy." Sam said as he looked around with a camera "probably multiple spirits out and about." I said.

"And if these unrecovered bodies are causing the haunting—." Sam said "we gotta find 'em and burn 'em. Just be careful though. The only thing that makes me more nervous than a pissed-off spirit...is the pissed-off spirit of a psycho killer." Dean said as we continued walking down the hallway until we stop in our tracks seeing a small woman with her eyeball hanging out of it's eye socket "Dean? Dean! Shotgun!" I yelled making him turn around to look at what was looking at as he ran over to us shotgun aimed and ready.

"No! Wait! Don't!" Sam shouted "get down!" Dean yelled as he fired a round at the woman making her disintegrate "why did you do that?!" I asked him "what are you talking about? She—." Dean said with confusion "she had one eye, Dean! This place was evil. It looked like she was asking for help." I said with a hint of sadness in my voice "Ads is right. That was weird." Sam said "yeah. You're telling me." Dean replied "no, Dean, I mean, it was weird she didn't attack us." Sam said "looked pretty aggro from where I was standing." Dean said.

"She didn't hurt us. She didn't even try! So, if she didn't wanna hurt us, then what did she want?" I said "it's all right. We're not gonna hurt you. It's okay. What's your name?" Dean said as he lowered the gun "Katherine....Kat." A girl said quietly "okay. I'm Dean, this is Sam, and this is Addison." Dean replied pointing at each of us "what are you doing here?" Sam asked her "um...my boyfriend, Gavin..." She said "is he here?" I asked her "somewhere. He thought it would be fun, try and see some ghosts. I thought it was all just...you know...pretend. I've seen things. I heard Gavin scream and—." She said with tears brimming her eyes.

[.....]
Making our way down the basement we open the door heading inside "Sammy? Sam, you down here? Sam? Sam!" Dean yelled as we turned a corner to see him standing in front of us making all of us jump in surprise "man, answer me when I'm calling you! You all right?" Dean asked him "yeah, I'm fine." Sam monotonously said "you know it wasn't me who called your cell, right?" Dean asked him as he nodded "yeah, I know. I think something lured me down here." Sam said.

"I think I know who Dr. Ellicott is. That's what the spirits have been trying to tell us. You haven't seen him, have you?" Dean asked him "no. How do you know it was him?" Sam questioned "cause I found his logbook. Apparently, he was experimenting on his patients, awful stuff. Makes lobotomies look like a couple of aspirin." Dean explained.

"But it was the patients who rioted." Sam said "yeah. They were rioting against Dr. Ellicott.
Dr. Feelgood was working on some sort of, like, extreme rage therapy. He thought that if he could get his patients to vent their anger, then they would be cured of it. Instead, it only made them worse and worse and angrier and angrier. So, I'm thinking, what if his spirit is doing the same thing? To the cop? To the kids in the '70s, making them so angry, they become homicidal...come on, we gotta find his bones and torch 'em." Dean said "how? The police never found his body." Sam replied.

"The logbook said he had some sort of hidden procedure room down here somewhere where he'd work on his patients. So, if I was a patient, I'd drag his ass down here, do a little work on him myself." I said "I don't know, it sounds kinda-." Sam mumbled "what...crazy?" Dean asked him "yeah." Sam said "yeah. Exactly." Dean said as he opened a metal door to another room "I told you I looked everywhere. I didn't find a hidden room." Sam muttered.

"Well, that's why they call it hidden. You hear that?" Dean said as we all quieted down to hear "what?" Sam asked him with irritation in his voice "there's a door here." Dean said making me look at him "Dean. Step back from the door." Sam said aggressively making me gasp in fear "what're you doing? Sam put the gun down." I asked him "is that an order?" Sam scoffed "nah, it's more of a friendly request," Dean said sarcastically as Sam raised the gun to Dean's chest "cause I'm getting pretty tired of taking your orders." Sam said.

"I knew it. Ellicott did something to you." Dean said "for once in your life, just shut your mouth." Sam snarled "what are you gonna do, Sam? Gun's filled with rock salt. It's not gonna kill me." Dean replied as I screamed in fright at the sound of the gun firing at Dean's chest "now, you. You are gonna go in there with him!" Sam yelled as he roughly shoved me into a room "we gotta burn Ellicott's bones, and all this will be over, and you'll be back to normal." Dean said looking around the room "I am normal. I'm just telling the truth for the first time. I mean, why are we even here? 'Cause, you're following Dad's orders like a good little soldier? Because you always do what he says without question? Are you that desperate for his approval?" Sam aggressively said "this isn't you talking, Sam." I muttered.

"That's the difference between you and me. I have a mind of my own. I'm not pathetic, like you." Sam said "so, what are you gonna do, huh? Are you gonna kill me?" Dean asked him "you know what, I am sick of doing what you tell me to do. We're no closer to finding Dad today than we were six-months ago." Sam said "well, then here. Let me make it easier for you. Come on. Take it. Real bullets are gonna work a hell of a lot better than rock salt. Take it!" Dean said as he pulled out his Smith & Wesson and held it out for Sam to take.

"You hate me that much? You think you could kill your own brother? Then go ahead. Pull the trigger. Do it!" Dean shouted "no." Sam said as he pointed the gun at me "I'll kill her instead. I'm not doing what you tell me to do anymore, Dean!" Sam yelled as he pulled the trigger but the gun just clicked signifying that the chamber was empty as Dean got up punching him in the face "man, I'm not going to give you a loaded pistol! Sorry, Sammy." Dean said as he punched him in the face again until he was knocked out.

As I watched the scene unfold before me I started to hyperventilate as tears streamed down my face "Addie....Addison." Dean said "look at me." He said as he cupped my face gently while shaking me lightly until finally I looked him in the eyes "that isn't Sammy. Now I need you to slow your breathing before you pass out." Dean said as I nodded at him "do it with me." Dean said as we both breathed together until I calmed down.

As we began dumping gasoline and salt on the floor until I looked up seeing the doctor coming our way "Dean! Look out! Behind you!" I shouted as he turned around seeing the doctor grabbing his face sending electricity through him "Don't be afraid. I'm going to help you. I'm going to make you all better." Dr. Ellicott said as I grabbed the lighter throwing it down and setting the doctor on fire as I looked up seeing Sam coming towards us "you're not going to try and kill us, are ya?" Dean asked him "no." Sam replied "good. Because that would be awkward." I joked.

[.....]

At the hotel I lay in bed dead asleep when all of a sudden I hear a ringing coming from the bedside table next to me as I sit up still sleepy "Dean

At the hotel I lay in bed dead asleep when all of a sudden I hear a ringing coming from the bedside table next to me as I sit up still sleepy "Dean...Sam..." I mumbled trying to wake them up but got nothing in response as I reach over grabbing the phone and answering it.

"Hello?" I asked quietly as I waited for a response until I hear a familiar voice on the other end "hey, peanut."