Chapter 69-Searching For Answers

In the car Sam begins calling around still groaning in pain as I stare at him nervously "Roger Miller. Ah, no, no, just the address, please. Okay, thanks." Sam said, fighting through the pain before hanging up "450 West Grove, Apartment 1120." Sam said as I nodded at him "you okay?" Dean asked, looking over at him "yeah." Sam replied nodding at him "if you're gonna hurl, I'll pull the car over...ya know, 'cause the upholstery..." Dean said.

"I'm fine. Just drive." Sam replied "all right." Dean said as he nodded, looking back at the road "Dean, I'm scared, man. These nightmares weren't bad enough? Now I'm seeing things when I'm awake? And these visions...or whatever, they're getting more intense. And painful." Sam said as I looked at him "come on, man, you'll be all right. It'll be fine." I said as he sent a glance my way "what is it about the Millers. Why am I connected to them? Why am I watching them die? Why the hell is this happening to me?" Sam asked "I don't know, Sam, but we'll figure it out. We face the unexplainable every day. This is just another thing." Dean replied.

"No. It's never been us. It's never been in the family like this. Tell the truth, you can't tell me this doesn't freak you out." Sam said, getting frustrated "this doesn't freak me out." Dean said as Sam stared at him for a moment, then turned away Dean was definitely lying. Of course, he would be worried about something like this. I was, for sure. Dean always does that though. He pretends he's not scared of anything, so other people don't worry, but it is really frustrating to deal with sometimes.

[......]

We pulled up to the entrance of an apartment building, a man was walking toward the building carrying groceries "hey, Roger!" Sam called to the man "what are you guys, missionaries? Leave me alone!" Roger called back as he picked up his speed toward the building "please!" Sam yelled once again as Dean quickly parked the car, and they both jumped out and ran to the door, but it had locked behind Roger "hey. Roger. We're trying to help! Please! Hey, hey, hey." Sam shouted as Roger turned to look out of the glass door.

"I don't want your help." Roger replied "we're not priests, you gotta listen to us!" I yelled after him "Roger, you're in danger!" Dean yelled "come on. Come on, come on." Roger said gesturing us to follow him and then started running toward a dark alley just around the corner as I followed them "Addie! Get back in the car now!" Dean yelled pointing back to the Impala as I groaned "but-." I mumbled "no!" He shouted pointing at the car again.

I groaned as I stomped back to the car opening the door and getting in a few minutes later they both return as I look up at them "well yeah, there's a few that have been known to latch onto families, follow them for years." Dean said as he opened his door and got in "banshees?" Sam asked, getting in and shutting his door "basically, like a curse. So maybe Roger and Jim Miller got involved in something heavy, something curse-worthy." Dean suggested, looking over at Sam.

"And now the something is out for revenge. And the men in their family are dying." Sam said as he looked over at Dean "hey, you guys think Max is in danger?" I asked them "let's figure it out before he is." Dean said starting the car "well, I know one thing I have in common with these people." Sam sighed "what's that?" Dean asked him "both our families are cursed." Sam said as he shook his head "our family's not cursed! We've just.....had our dark spots." Dean replied as Sam laughed "our dark spots are...pretty dark." Sam said.

"You're...dark." Dean responded childishly "so, does this mean that something happened to Roger?" I asked him "uh, yeah, kiddo. Something got to him before we could." Dean said "that quickly? He was alive a few minutes ago." I asked, surprised "whatever is after this family, it's moving fast. We have to stop this thing before it gets anyone else." Dean said as we drove back to the motel to rest up and let the news about Roger get to the Miller's before Sam and Dean spoke to them again.