Chapter 92-Sneaking Into The Nest

Pulling off to the side of a dirt road Sam and Dean got out and talked to Dad as they pointed down the hill at an old barn they talked for a while and then walked back to the cars, getting their bags and weapons ready "so, you boys really wanna know about this Colt?" Dad asked "yes, sir." Sam nodded "it's just a story, a legend, really. Well, I thought it was. Never really believed it until I read Daniel's letter..back in 1835, when Halley's comet was overhead, the same night those men died at the Alamo. They say Samuel Colt made a gun. A special gun. He made it for a hunter, a man like us, only on horseback. Story goes he made thirteen bullets, and this hunter used the gun a half dozen times before he disappeared, the gun along with him. And somehow, Daniel got his hands on it." He sighed.

"They say-they say this gun can kill anything." Dad said "kill anything? like supernatural anything?" Dean asked him "like the demon." Sam said "yeah, the demon. Ever since I picked up its trail, I've been looking for a way to destroy that thing. Find the gun.....we may have it." Dad said as he turned his attention to me "stay here, they won't come out here unless they have to. As long as we do our jobs right, they should stay asleep." He said "yes, sir." I said nodding at him as he smiled at me and then turned to Sam and Dean "let's go." He said.

[......]
Twenty minutes later Sam and Dean coming running back to the car with our dad nowhere to be found "Dad?" Dean said but, he was still nowhere to be found as I sat forward, my heart pounding in my chest "Dad!" Dean yelled after another moment, Dad came running out of the woods, as soon as he did, Sam and Dean turned to get into the Impala "they won't follow. They'll wait 'til tonight. Once a vampire has your scent, it's for life." Dad said "well, what the hell do we do now?" Dean asked him "you gotta find the nearest funeral home, that's what." Dad replied.

[......]
Now back at the motel to get changed shortly after Dean and I headed off to the nearby cemetery "so..." Dean said as I looked over at him "yeah?" I said "uh, just promise me whatever happens between Sam and Dad, you're not gonna get involved." Dean said as he looked at me "I know, I'm sorry. It just makes me so mad when Sam acts like that. Dad only does what he does to protect us, and it's like Sam can't see it." I replied "you and I know that, but Sam is just blind to it. You know why?" Dean said "why?" I asked him "cause him, and Dad are too similar, and neither of them can see it."'Dean replied as I frowned, not totally buying it "ya know. like how sam says that about us." Dean said.

"We don't fight like that." I said "no, but we have gotten into it before, we just get over it faster." Dean said "yeah, 'cause we're awesome like that." I said "that's right, baby sis." Dean replied giving me a fist bump as he laughed.

[......]
When we arrived back at the motel, Sam and Dad were actually sitting and talking calmly "whew. Man, some heavy security to protect a bunch of dead guys." Dean said "get it?" Dad asked as Dean pulled a bottle of blood out of his pocket and handed it to Dad "you know what to do." Dad said as they began covering arrows in the blood before they headed off as I got changed into some pjs to get ready for bed.