Chapter 29-Library Research

Once we finish talking to Lori we head over to the library to begin doing some research on anything we can dig up "so, you believe her?" Dean asked him "I do." Sam said nodding at us "yeah, I think she's hot, too." Dean replied making me roll my eyes at him in disgust "no, man. There's something in her eyes. And listen to this, she heard scratching on the roof. Found the bloody body suspended upside down over the car." Sam said looking at us.

"Wait, the body suspended? That sounds like the-." Dean said before he was cut off "yeah, I know, the Hook Man legend." Sam replied "that's one of the most famous urban legends ever. You don't think that we're dealing with the Hook Man." I said looking up at him in shock "every urban legend has a source. A place where it all began." Sam replied "yeah, but what about the phantom scratches and the tire punctures and the invisible killer?" Dean asked out loud.

"Well, maybe the Hook Man isn't a man at all. What if it's some kind of spirit?" Sam asked us as he asked the librarian for some arrest records "here you go. Arrest records going back to 1851." The librarian said "thanks." I replied while blowing some dust off of the box as she walked away "so, this is how you spent four good years of your life, huh?" Dean asked "welcome to higher education." Sam sarcastically replied.

[....]
"Hey, check this out." Sam said calling us over to him as we get up and stand next him "1862. A preacher named Jacob Karns was arrested for murder. Looks like he was so angry over the red-light district in town that one night he killed thirteen prostitutes. Uh, right here...some of the deceased were found in their bed, sheets soaked with blood. Others suspended upside down from the limbs of trees as a warning against sins of the flesh." Sam said showing us the section he was reading as I looked through the papers picking up another one.

"Get this, the murder weapon? Looks like the preacher lost his hand in an accident. Had it replaced with a silver hook." I said showing them the page I found "look where all this happened." Sam said showing us the page once again "9-Mile Road." Dean and I said in unison "same place where the frat boy was killed." Sam replied looking up at us "nice job, Dr. Venkmen. Let's check it out." I said patting him on the back.