Chapter 58-Research

Once we're back at the motel we open the door heading inside as I sit on the bed while Sam sits at the table beginning to do research shortly after he finishes researching he sits on the bed that's next to mine as he pulls out his phone calling someone with tears in his eyes.

"Hey, Dad. It's Sam. Uh...you probably won't even get this, but, uh...it's Dean. He's sick, and uh...the doctors say there's nothing they can do. Um...but, uh, they don't know the things we know, right? So, don't worry,
'cause I'm uh...gonna do whatever it takes to get him better. All right.....just wanted you to know." He said before he hung up the phone as he tossed it on the bed, and just sat there silently.

Then there was a knock on the door, and we both looked up as Sam got up and opened the door to reveal Dean on the other side of it "what the hell are you doing here?" Sam asked him "Dean?!" I shouted as I got up and ran towards him wrapping my arms around him in an instant feeling him wrap his arms around me in return "I checked myself out." He said "what, are you crazy?" Sam asked him as he walked into the room leaning on the dresser.

"Well, I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot." Dean replied as Sam huffed a laugh before shutting the door "you know, this whole 'I laugh in the face of death' thing? It's crap. I can see right through it." Sam said "yeah, whatever, dude. Have you guys even slept? You look worse than me." Dean questioned us as he took a seat "I've been scouring the Internet for the last three days. Calling every contact in Dad's journal." Sam said as he sat down on his bed while I walked back to Dean's bed and sat down as well.

"For what?" Dean asked out loud "for a way to help you. One of Dad's friends, Joshua, he called me back. Told me about a guy in Nebraska...a specialist." Sam explained "you're not gonna let me die in peace, are you?" Dean asked him as Sam shook his head at him "I'm not gonna let you die, period...we're going." Sam replied.